Name that riff

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score
little sloppy but heres a contribution.

Sounds great - it's got that same "blatty" hollowbody Byrdland distortion that Ted had. If I'm correct, the version of GWB I know is a live version, and it was really the only song I ever liked form Ted, but I liked it a lot. It was one of the first songs I learned in the late 70's after I bought this thing called the "DOD Distortion" box. for $30.

Ahhh... here it is, f'kd up tuning, warts and all. I still love this song:

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score
You posted that on my birthday, and I missed it. :( Vey nice! :yesway:
... and yet I still forgot to guess the riff. :D Off the top of my head, it sounds like "Because We've Ended As Lovers", by Beff Jeck.
Am I a winner winner buffalo-chicken pizza dinner?

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok now the tank is empty

Thanks

Probably someone already guessed it, but that's "Children Symptom Of The Universe" by Ozzy (unless it was a Sabbath song before that? I know he originally took a number of songs from Sabbath when he split). Anyway, I heard the live version of this when it first aired - it was broadcast live(?) on the radio after Randy died and Bad Gillis was filling in. Brad had an incredible sound for that gig, he was underrated. There used to be a clip of it on YouTube years ago, but it was horrible, and I haven't heard that version again since.

Anyway. nice pick. :yesway:

Last edited:

RCM 800

Reaction score
Probably someone already guessed it, but that's "Children Of The Universe" by Ozzy (unless it was a Sabbath song before that? I know he originally took a number of songs from Sabbath when he split). Anyway, I heard the live version of this when it first aired - it was broadcast live(?) on the radio after Randy died and Bad Gillis was filling in. Brad had an incredible sound for that gig, he was underrated. There used to be a clip of it on YouTube years ago, but it was horrible, and I haven't heard that version again since.

Anyway. nice pick. :yesway:
"Symptom of the Universe", but close :)

Latest posts