NAD JTM45 Reissue

Stefan_E

Reaction score
Got this JTM45 Reissue from 2019 yesterday. 20220622_202628.jpg
Sounds really cool. I had never played one before and I was surprised at how early it breaks up and how much gain there is at max volume with the attenuator.
It sounds completely different through my Creamback and Eminence Man-O-War. Very AC/DC and Black Sabbath "Behind the Wall of Sleep" on the Creamback, and very Van Halen when dimed through the Eminence.

Eric'45

Reaction score
I have a Sabbra Cadabra-pedal which is in part a Rangemaster.
I have the Naga Viper, which is probably similar, since it's also made by Catalinbread.
Greenbacks are the obvious Speaker choice...
Creambacks are kind of the modern Greenbacks with a higher power rating, so they're suitable if you want just 1x12, for example.
Maybe that's considered Heresy, but I like mine with V30s. 😱
Vintage 30s are everything that Greenbacks are not. In some circumstances, I find Greenies tend to over- emphasize the slightly diffuse low- end of the JTM. V30s are tighter, and they tend to sound slightly bright. With DSLs, or the like, they can get shrill and unpleasant in the highs. They get along well with the dark and Mellow JTM45 and give a bit more definition, but that's just my personal preference.

Stefan_E

Reaction score
Yes, the Naga Viper is also a Rangemaster-like pedal, AFAIK.
Thanks for the input!
I might get an opportunity to try it with a couple of different 4x12 soon, one of them with ancient greenbacks.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Good decision! Congratz! Cool that you like old Sabbath, the first Album was probably completely recorded with a Marshall JTM45, probably even without the Rangemaster though. But Iommi used it on the 2nd and forthcoming albums, so you can nail all the early Sabbath tones now and as a bonus all the early Priest tones!:dude:

Man, cant count how often i cranked my amps
and riffed BTWOS or the rest of the first LP.

Congratz and enjoy!

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Got this JTM45 Reissue from 2019 yesterday. View attachment 110263
Sounds really cool. I had never played one before and I was surprised at how early it breaks up and how much gain there is at max volume with the attenuator.
It sounds completely different through my Creamback and Eminence Man-O-War. Very AC/DC and Black Sabbath "Behind the Wall of Sleep" on the Creamback, and very Van Halen when dimed through the Eminence.
Nice amp, love mine. A change of the bright cap (experiment...) yields a perceived increase in gain (more highs and upper mids), and really gets the JTM grinding. I also added a zero loss Metro loop to mine, which further expands the potential of the amp.

Last edited:

Latest posts