NAD: A Frickin' Bassbreaker 45

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Huge shout out to @FracStrat for helping make this happen and providing a good home for my former Vintage Modern 2266H.

I noticed this amp showed up recently at my local guitar store, I've been reading about them and really liked the idea and concept behind it. So when I saw it sitting there I just had to take it for a spin... Well.... I'm sure you guys know how that goes! I fell in love with it and began dreaming about it, the usual "oh yes, it will be mine" but I had just bought some pedals and had to adult... So I decided to sacrifice my Vintage Modern and take a chance on the Bassbreaker 45.

full

Well I couldn't be happier, the Bassbreaker 45 really "nails" those Bassman/JTM45 tones and being the Hendrix worshipper that I am, this amp just sounds perfect for my obsession. Paired with my Fuzz Face clone, I am getting goosebumps with the Hendrix tones I am achieving.

OH YEAH!!! The coolest part is the built in attenuation, just an awesome feature I feel every amp should have standard, you can dial from 45 watts down to 1 watt... Just super versatile for a NMV amp, you can dial in the headroom exactly as you need.

Ok guys, I'm ready for my flogging but go easy on me, atleast I chose the Fender Marshall!

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!!

Couldn't be happier! I feel guilty it doesn't say Marshall on it but I assure you it sounds like a Marshall! Haha but it does feel like cheating considering I sold the VM to fund it.

I find it quite interesting and a very cool concept from Fender, whoever came up with the idea at Fender is brilliant. The '59 Bassman and it's English clone are legendary and spawned a whole era of rock and roll. This amp in my opinion is near perfectly executed, a faithful reincarnation of the Bassman/JTM45 with a few modern features that make for a versatile and very practical amp. Even tho it is a Fender it sounds like a JTM45 to me, it has the Bassman sound but so does the JTM45, the choice of EL34s and Celestion G12V type seal the deal on the British tone.

I have no idea how the little ones sound, I've barely heard about the 45 watter and generally see and hear the 007 and 15 spoken about or reviewed. I think if you want a genuine Bassbreaker/Bluesbreaker experience you need the 45 and with the built in anntenuation, why would you choose the small bottle version?

Thanks again guys!

Thank you again @FracStrat ! You made it happen and I owe you!

FracStrat

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!!

Couldn't be happier! I feel guilty it doesn't say Marshall on it but I assure you it sounds like a Marshall! Haha but it does feel like cheating considering I sold the VM to fund it.

I find it quite interesting and a very cool concept from Fender, whoever came up with the idea at Fender is brilliant. The '59 Bassman and it's English clone are legendary and spawned a whole era of rock and roll. This amp in my opinion is near perfectly executed, a faithful reincarnation of the Bassman/JTM45 with a few modern features that make for a versatile and very practical amp. Even tho it is a Fender it sounds like a JTM45 to me, it has the Bassman sound but so does the JTM45, the choice of EL34s and Celestion G12V type seal the deal on the British tone.

I have no idea how the little ones sound, I've barely heard about the 45 watter and generally see and hear the 007 and 15 spoken about or reviewed. I think if you want a genuine Bassbreaker/Bluesbreaker experience you need the 45 and with the built in anntenuation, why would you choose the small bottle version?

Thanks again guys!

Thank you again @FracStrat ! You made it happen and I owe you!
What a Blast getting to meet you today too !!
You don’t owe me nuthin !! Lol
We gotta just keep Rockin !!

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
What a Blast getting to meet you today too !!
You don’t owe me nuthin !! Lol
We gotta just keep Rockin !!
Shit yeah! I kept meaning to put that in one of my replies lol too much excitement today!

It was a blast and I'm glad you joined along into the shop. I don't get to talk guitars, music and gear like that often, it's amazing when someone thinks thinks and speaks the same language haha!

Kim Lucky Day

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new BB45, that thing is a beast! I owned as many as 3 different BB models at one point (007, 15, 30r), sold the 15 to buy the 30r, giggled a year with the 30r, sold the 30r to fund my Marshall SV20H. Still have the 007, I know it's the little guy but out of all of the ones I had, this one really has the sound for me.

Hope you experience many happy days playing your amp!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge shout out to @FracStrat for helping make this happen and providing a good home for my former Vintage Modern 2266H.

I noticed this amp showed up recently at my local guitar store, I've been reading about them and really liked the idea and concept behind it. So when I saw it sitting there I just had to take it for a spin... Well.... I'm sure you guys know how that goes! I fell in love with it and began dreaming about it, the usual "oh yes, it will be mine" but I had just bought some pedals and had to adult... So I decided to sacrifice my Vintage Modern and take a chance on the Bassbreaker 45.

full

Well I couldn't be happier, the Bassbreaker 45 really "nails" those Bassman/JTM45 tones and being the Hendrix worshipper that I am, this amp just sounds perfect for my obsession. Paired with my Fuzz Face clone, I am getting goosebumps with the Hendrix tones I am achieving.

OH YEAH!!! The coolest part is the built in attenuation, just an awesome feature I feel every amp should have standard, you can dial from 45 watts down to 1 watt... Just super versatile for a NMV amp, you can dial in the headroom exactly as you need.

Ok guys, I'm ready for my flogging but go easy on me, atleast I chose the Fender Marshall!
Congrats man! :applause:

Don’t think you’ll get much flogging here,...

... ‘as he sniffs the cork from his bottle of wine’. :D
No worries about flogging from me buddy, I grew up on Fender amps, albeit vintage Fenders.

And these Bassbreaker sound great, and quite Marshall-like. I think they are the best sounding non-American made Fender amps.

Some members saw this coming after the sale of your VM to @FracStrat. :agreed: This turned out great for you guys, you both got an amp you wanted.

Almost nothing better than getting new gear imo. :thumb:

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Congrats man! :applause:

Don’t think you’ll get much flogging here,...

... ‘as he sniffs the cork from his bottle of wine’. :D
No worries about flogging from me buddy, I grew up on Fender amps, albeit vintage Fenders.

And these Bassbreaker sound great, and quite Marshall-like. I think they are the best sounding non-American made Fender amps.

Some members saw this coming after the sale of your VM to @FracStrat. :agreed: This turned out great for you guys, you both got an amp you wanted.

Almost nothing better than getting new gear imo. :thumb:
Haha yeah! He met me at the guitar shop where I found this Bassbreaker, I said my goodbyes to the VM and he tagged along as I purchased the BassB. It was a pretty fun experience, got to meet one of the MFers, talk Marshalls, guitars and gear then the experience of a NAD for both of us... Pretty sweet day!

I have to admit it's kinda strange not seeing the VM perched atop of my 1960A but I have been loving every second playing the BassB, I love it for playing Hendrix.

Between the Bassbreaker 45 and the Origin20c I got plenty of tone variety.

Latest posts