NAD - 1987 Silver Jubilee 2553

maico996

Reaction score
Picked this up from a friend on Saturday. Recapped and waiting for a new set of tubes. Pretty clean inside and out, except for the PO's name Sharpied on the top left. 😂
Sounds really good so far but haven't spent a whole lot of quality time with it yet.
SN 059XX, Drake iron.
image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Last edited:

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score
Picked this up from a friend on Saturday. Recapped and waiting for a new set of tubes. Pretty clean inside and out, except for the PO's name Sharpied on the top left. 😂
Sounds really good so far but haven't spent a whole lot of quality time with it yet.
SN 059XX, Drake iron.
View attachment 114990

View attachment 114991
Wow! Awesome. Congrats….you hit a home run.

El Gringo

Reaction score
SN 059XX, Drake iron.
View attachment 114990

View attachment 114991
Awesome Mega Congrats on a most fine and major score on a original Silver Jubilee . You are really going to fall in love with the awesome tones that this awesome amp produces I mean big time ! Your Les Paul is awesome as well ! Please tell me about your beautiful Les Paul ? For instance if it is a Gibson Custom R series or if it's a Gibson USA ? Are the pickups stock ? Best Wishes and Have Fun Rocking :headbanger:

maico996

Reaction score
Awesome Mega Congrats on a most fine and major score on a original Silver Jubilee . You are really going to fall in love with the awesome tones that this awesome amp produces I mean big time ! Your Les Paul is awesome as well ! Please tell me about your beautiful Les Paul ? For instance if it is a Gibson Custom R series or if it's a Gibson USA ? Are the pickups stock ? Best Wishes and Have Fun Rocking :headbanger:
Thanks! That Les Paul is a 2018 Murphy-painted Wildwood R8. Lots of mumbo jumbo there! Basically a 2018 R8 selected by Wildwood Music to be painted by Tom Murphy. Wildwood also specs their own humbuckers but I wasn't too fond of them. I swapped them for a WCR Godwood set. Also changed out the V/T controls for an RS Vintage set. Sounds much better. I have four LPs (2006 R9, 76 GT Deluxe, 71 Black Custom) and the R8 is probably my favorite.

maico996

Reaction score
Today I put a new set of tubes in this amp...Eurotubes JJ E34L and High Gain ECC83S and set the bias to run at about 70%. The tubes that were in it were some GT ECC83S and a 12AX7 in V3. Power tubes were Mesa Boogie EL34s. The bias was initially set at 18.9mA which is REALLY cold...about 35%!!! What a night-and-day difference!! This amp sounds amazing. I got a set of JJ ECC83S Gold Pin pre-amp tubes just to see if there's a difference since they're supposed to be "smooth and creamy". I'm gonna live with the high gain tubes for a while and then try the gold pins. For now, I'm super stoked about this amp! 68515388767__5012C435-38C8-4624-9206-E69189E389F7.JPG