Multi-Effects Pedal - Zoom

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I setup a JTM45 clean, JCM800 crunch, and a 1959 lead tone, plugged into my 5E3 sounds good! Fun! All 3 footswitchable what great functionality! Tomorrow I'll figure out the expression pedal and dive into the 75 preset patches. :yesway:

o1WDs7w.jpg
I set all my own. Presets are interesting but weird IMO.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Oh wow all the factory patch tones are horrible except maybe 5 out of the 75 that are usuable lol. Thats ok I didnt buy it for the factory patches, there's plenty of effects, amp and cab sims to build tones out of. Right now I have my stock amp tone set as a clean patch, then a TS and boost set as a crunch patch, and a TS and boost with higher gain and volume set as a lead patch. The crunch patch has some reverb set with the foot pedal and the lead patch has some delay set with the foot pedal. Works out great, turns my single channel amp into a 3 channel amp! :yesway:

PowerTube44

Reaction score
I got the G3Xn today and it works like a charm. Set up a clean, crunch and lead patch in minutes and assigned each to a footswitch just like I wanted. Having fun cycling through all the effects to see what I like and which OD pedals I like. :yesway:

The factory "Crazy Train" patch will get you right in the ballpark of a Boston tone.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
It doesnt have that one. Theres not much that gets you in the ballpark of anything, its all pretty useless, you gotta build your own tones.

I see. For some reason I thought you got the G1 Four or the G1X Four. It has the "RandyTrain" preset and it's close to both Crazy Train and early Boston on my rig.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I see. For some reason I thought you got the G1 Four or the G1X Four. It has the "RandyTrain" preset and it's close to both Crazy Train and early Boston on my rig.
That's the one I wanted originally but it didn't have the functionality I was looking for.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Okay, here we go. This is my patch called "Crazy RMan" (meaning "Crazy Train and Rockman. I wish it would support more letters...) Anyway, it uses only four banks: ZNR Noise Reduction, Parametric EQ, Distortion+, and GE-7 EQ. Important: My G1 Four is run in front, with a Boss GT-100 through the loop in 4-cable method. In other words, there's a LOT more going on here than just the G1 Four, but it should get you in the ballpark.

Here are the settings:

crazy1.jpg
crazy2.jpg
crazy3.jpg
crazy4.jpg

Let me know how it goes on your unit, okay?

Latest posts