Merrell shoes

PowerTube44

Reaction score
The toughest shoes I've ever owned were made by Merrell. Their styles aren't always my cup of tea, but they're extremely well made.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of boots, and I've had both since my late teens ... not even kidding ... and I'm 48 now.

One pair is from Roots Canada, and they are the Tuff style. I can't attest to whether the quality is the same as it was back in the 90's, but they are both comfortable and durable as can be.

My other pair of boots are the ones I use primarily for hunting / horrific winter weather, and they are made by Sorel. Again, can't attest to the quality now vs the 90's, but the durability and comfort have been outstanding.

Both pairs have seen a lot of action over the years, and given how they have lasted me this long, I'd likely go back to the source if I ever had to replace them.

I'm pretty sure my Dad liked Red Wing ... I remember him buying a pair when we were kids to compliment another pair he had, and he continued to wear both until he could no longer get them on (due to age/etc). So decades out of his boots as well, and they were well worn!

Never heard of Merrell, but I'm also not in the market for boots, and haven't been in decades .... so?

Latest posts