Marshall Origin 20H and pedals

Thumbpicker

Reaction score
I was always wanting something different from my origin 20 combo. No matter how I set it the sound just wasn't there for me. Not volume mind you, just tone. last week I bought a clean boost Spark mini. Put it in front of the amp and wow did it wake up. Smoother and the brighter plus more sense in how to adjust the eq and presence. Finally clicked plus I can compensate when going from single coils to hum buckers. Helped in every power setting as well. Guessing hitting the front end is a big deal in changing the sound.

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was always wanting something different from my origin 20 combo. No matter how I set it the sound just wasn't there for me. Not volume mind you, just tone. last week I bought a clean boost Spark mini. Put it in front of the amp and wow did it wake up. Smoother and the brighter plus more sense in how to adjust the eq and presence. Finally clicked plus I can compensate when going from single coils to hum buckers. Helped in every power setting as well. Guessing hitting the front end is a big deal in changing the sound.
:welcome:to the forum.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Thumbpicker.
Yeah, the TC Spark boost is a great sounding pedal, I been using one with my SC20 for quite a while. I use it as a clean boost and a bit of extra eq, and it’s always on.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
To The Forum
I am a bit partial to the SD1 in front of mine.. and it’s always on, same with the mxr10 band eq

tonycaster

Reaction score
How does that EP work in the loop? Do you kick it in by engaging the loop or is it always on? I have this somewhat unknown pedal called "The Distillery". It can add 20-some db boost but alsp has a tone shaping section. Next chance I get I am gonna try it on my DSL40CR loop, but curious as I am also really considering adding an Origin.
to me it works great, it’s more practical to control it via fs and leave it always on, just a hair of gain and internal dips both on (bright and +3dB)