Marshall JVM410H w/2X12

Elliot Twist

Reaction score
This is my first Marshall JVM410H amp head.
I have a Marshall MX212 loaded with one V30 and one GK12-100.
That's what I use at home along with a Bugera PS1 Power Soak.
I've been satisfactorily running the Marshall DSL100HR live in a local cover band.
Post some settings and tips. I will try them.
The Line 6 POD HD500X is on the FX Loop for Chorus, Delay, and Reverb as programmed.

Marshall JVM410H Ibanez PIA3761 Envy Green.jpg

Last edited:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Man, love that JEM!!
So many variables. Musical style, tones you like, etc etc.
I personally like the heaviness of channel 2 Red with gain full up. I prefer the gain of channel 3 OR mode gain around 4 but it is somewhat thinner sounding.
Just play with it. Guitar, different speakwes, room, really hard to properly use other people's settings IMO.

Elliot Twist

Reaction score
Man, love that JEM!!
I personally like the heaviness of channel 2 Red with gain full up. I prefer the gain of channel 3 OR mode gain around 4 but it is somewhat thinner sounding.
Just play with it. Guitar, different speakwes, room, really hard to properly use other people's settings IMO.
I can only start from scratch with other people's settings.
I don't mind.
...of course I already have all 4 channels set for me.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Hello. the JEM looks great; I love that the fretboard is scalloped at the higher frets.

I, too, use my 410H with a 2x12 cabinet; it's plenty loud for me and easy to transport.

Like you, I also use a multi-effects system with my 410H. My multi-effects system has built-in MIDI, so I use that to change channels/modes (or other JVM switches) at the same time I'm changing an effect. My multi-effects system is a Line 6 unit as well, but a little older.

Enjoy the rig.

awnugent

Reaction score
Happy NAD!
I also love channel 2/crunch red (metal guy here, takes a boost very well for "more"). 2x12 Avatar with V30's works well for me. 2x12 Mesa V30's and a Marshall 1960V also very good, hated it with T75 cabs. Sounds good, is good, so let your ears tell you, as others have said!
A note about a power soak/pushing the master, I haven't found a soak to be helpful as the power section on the JVM is very clean. Like, I don't get any dirt out of it at any volume, it's all preamp. One trick folks use (including myself) is to run the channel volumes relatively hot and use the master to control room volume, seems to be the sweet spot.
As for integration with the rest of a rig, I run 4CM with a Fractal AX8 doing all effects and switching via MIDI, works very well and was relatively easy setup if you're comfortable with that kind of thing. I'm sure it would work with any other 4CM/MIDI capable unit.
Here's a pic of mine at band practice settings. For shows, I almost(whenever mic'd) always have to turn the master down, with the Avatar 2x12. IMG_1645 (1).jpg

Elliot Twist

Reaction score
Man, love that JEM!!
Well, that's what I'm hunting for. Your settings and opinion.
I'm on my one, and options are good.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Well, that's what I'm hunting for. Your settings and opinion.
I'm on my one, and options are good.
Righto.
I am going to try the changing V2 (V6 depending how one looks at it) to an ECC823 so OD channels Orange n Red mode have less gain so in theory one can crank the gain more to get more balls and not sound quite so thin.
I am hoping that the gain is higher than cgannel 2 of course otherwise no point.

Elliot Twist

Reaction score
Happy NAD!
I also love channel 2/crunch red (metal guy here, takes a boost very well for "more"). 2x12 Avatar with V30's works well for me. 2x12 Mesa V30's and a Marshall 1960V also very good, hated it with T75 cabs. Sounds good, is good, so let your ears tell you, as others have said!
A note about a power soak/pushing the master, I haven't found a soak to be helpful as the power section on the JVM is very clean. Like, I don't get any dirt out of it at any volume, it's all preamp. One trick folks use (including myself) is to run the channel volumes relatively hot and use the master to control room volume, seems to be the sweet spot.
As for integration with the rest of a rig, I run 4CM with a Fractal AX8 doing all effects and switching via MIDI, works very well and was relatively easy setup if you're comfortable with that kind of thing. I'm sure it would work with any other 4CM/MIDI capable unit.
Here's a pic of mine at band practice settings. For shows, I almost(whenever mic'd) always have to turn the master down, with the Avatar 2x12. View attachment 115747

Thank you. I'll compare with and without the PWR Soak. I certainly haven't used a PWR Soak for gigs.
The forward movement of this JVM is to eventually get tortured in our cover band giging in s'holes where you can smell the bathroom form the front door.