Maplifier

Eric'45

Reaction score
Yes. Teh Maplifier is, in fact, an electronic device that can be used to magnify the playing of more or less talented guitarists so that the whole neighborhood can appreciate the music. Some, but not all Maplifiers are equipped with hydrocoptic marzel vanes and the best ones typically also utilise an ambifacient lunar wane shaft (!) to prevent unwanted side fumbling. :hmm:
That was pretty much the conclusion we came to in the teh maplifier thread.
:D

RLW59

Reaction score
Since I'm a blunt boring guy...

Username Vinsanitizer is a creative, out of the box, stream of consciousness, lighthearted sort of guy. "Maplifier" is one of his pet words. Some other people occasionally use it in homage to him.

One of the other posts references his claims to be Ace Frehley in real life. I've always assumed that to be a tall tail but I wouldn't bet money either way.

(Sometimes I've wondered if Andy Kaufman faked his death and now spends his time posting on the internet.)
---------------------
I thought about describing Vin as a "funny guy" but I feel he might take offense.

mark123

Reaction score
Since I'm a blunt boring guy...

Username Vinsanitizer is a creative, out of the box, stream of consciousness, lighthearted sort of guy. "Maplifier" is one of his pet words. Some other people occasionally use it in homage to him.

One of the other posts references his claims to be Ace Frehley in real life. I've always assumed that to be a tall tail but I wouldn't bet money either way.

(Sometimes I've wondered if Andy Kaufman faked his death and now spends his time posting on the internet.)
---------------------
I thought about describing Vin as a "funny guy" but I feel he might take offense.
Thanks for entertaining my questions. 👍

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
if you decide to bet money may i offer a suggestion before you just give it away?

RLW59

Reaction score
if you decide to bet money may i offer a suggestion before you just give it away?
Like I said I wouldn't bet either way. I'm halfway convinced he is and halfway convinced he isn't. Like Schrodinger's cat. He both is and isn't.

And I prefer the mystery. I loved Andy Kaufman.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
What is maplifier. I mean I know it's a misspelling of amplifier but I'm becoming convinced that it's an inside joke here and used purposely. Let me in on the joke. Guys?? Hello??
God sakes. It's "MAPlifier". WT heck is an "AMPlifier"? Have you ever opened up a maplifier for a look inside? You see the circuits, they look like road maps, right? Duh!, the original term was "MAPlifier".

I thought everyone knew this already.

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said I wouldn't bet either way. I'm halfway convinced he is and halfway convinced he isn't. Like Schrodinger's cat. He both is and isn't.

I adored Andy.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score

well hes now known as The Artest formerly known as Ace Frehley or now known as
Darth Frehley. its when he does that goofy ace frehley laugh hes known for in his
Darth helmet that i cant take him seriously.

imagine........

Latest posts