Looking for a good Flanger....

proxy

Reaction score
I vote for MXR micro flanger
t is a very subtle flanger, and it will not go crazy as often they do, causing you to sound out of tune
If you are into digital stuff, then Source audio's Orbital modulator is absolutely fantastic.
I have never hear digital pedal to sound this natural like Modulator.

Deftone

Reaction score
I vote for MXR micro flanger
t is a very subtle flanger, and it will not go crazy as often they do, causing you to sound out of tune
If you are into digital stuff, then Source audio's Orbital modulator is absolutely fantastic.
I have never hear digital pedal to sound this natural like Modulator.
I'm leaning towards that one.

David Szabados

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
EH Mistress definitely cool for unique flanging that kind of bridges into more of the chorus/vibrato side in a cool way.

Boss BF-2 for a great traditional and cost-effective whoosh-whoosh flanger. HF-2 is kinda cool too as an alternative (sweeps centered at an octave higher).

A/DA - my all time favorite sounding flanger. Warm, does everything but it’s a big box.

jmp45

Reaction score
I spent some time tweaking the Empress Nebulus yesterday. It's staying on the board and being used for the flange settings only. I have other chorus and vibe options. Flanges are really nice with this pedal and I have the option to preset a couple or few different settings including the thru-zero. It does the Walsh County Fair well too ;)

PowerTube44

Reaction score
I guess I'm not much of a flanger guy. I've owned a vintage ADA and an EHX EM over the years. However, I sold them, and only kept a vintage Ross flanger. It's basically a clone of the MXR circuit, but more affordable...
Same here. I use a flanger on one patch on the GT-100 for Ain't Talkin' About Love. Aside from that, meh.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Any recommendations?
One more vote for the Boss BF-2. One caveat: old Boss pedals with any sort of time component (delay, flange, chorus) sometimes have problems with these circuits. Best to try out first. Haven't tried the BF-3 but that is going to be digital, not analogue. Might want to wait to see if Boss puts out a Waza flanger. Love those Waza pedals!

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
ive been a BF2 fan for a loooong time. i dont use flange often
so a basic quality flanger is good enough for me. flange is
another effect like reverb i think is way over used when heard
in a lot of cases. is basic it is for me.

jmp45

Reaction score
ive been a BF2 fan for a loooong time. i dont use flange often
so a basic quality flanger is good enough for me. flange is
another effect like reverb i think is way over used when heard
in a lot of cases. is basic it is for me.

True, flange is not a primary effect but it has it's place. Like chorus, I don't use often.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
True, flange is not a primary effect but it has it's place. Like chorus, I don't use often.
yeah on effects like this i go boss to keep it basic.
cant spend high dollar on something i hardly use ya know.