life is odd sometimes.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
i cant figure out why every time i catch something it come with a massive case of the shhhhhh
a cold, the flu, a football, a fish, a shot to the nutz, :shrug:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about (coworker /trainer) @ricksdisconnected
I have always taught my kids , grandkids to treat everyone as you would like to be treated, but there are times when that goes out the window, @saxon68 I am glad you are still here as well buddy, I have lost a number of friends in the last couple of years also. Never know when it’s going to happen.
Thanks for opening my eyes again..

Cheers
Mitch

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Good luck at your job.

Last edited:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
At our (my?) age there are more and more people dropping, it happens. Seemed to start 25 years or so ago, car or motorcycle accidents, almost got shot myself by an angry husband (I swear I didn’t do it, she wanted to though!!) couple ODs, one of my friends passed in her sleep about 10 years ago, she was cleaning the house and messaged a few friends that she was going to nap then go out with them. Poof… never woke up.
Heart issues, cancer, more and more lately. 2 to covid, one was morbidly obese and it wasn’t a surprise that he passed when he got the ‘Rona, but my other buddy? He was healthy as a horse, always super active, took great care of himself with diet and exercise. Got the ‘Rona and passed within 2 weeks.

I had a cancer scare and surgery day after thanksgiving 2020, one of my good buddies died from cancer the day I was told I was cancer free.

None of us knows what’s going to happen or when, I try to be good to others, but doesn’t always happen that way :cool:
Damn , we never know like Vin said.
Some things are hard to discuss and coming to terms with them might take time.

KidBlast

Reaction score
Life is really strange man, things can change so fast. We never really know what each day can bring.

You post says more about YOU than it tells the story of you and your boss.

The way you handled things, given the situation? I think you did it right. Working though the tension that you did not ask for or create. Seems to me that above it all, you were patient, and understanding.

You're a good man Rick.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Got the corona myself almost 3 weeks ago, for me it was like a bad cold. 2 days sucked real bad, but no worse than a crappy cold.

I’m still coughing and bringing up crap but it’s normal. No more headache, body aches, fever or plugged up head / ears feeling like underwater.

Wife showed symptoms the day after me, but she cleared up much faster.

Glad you guys are still here as well!!!!
Same , same time approximately as well.

RCM 800

Reaction score
rona nearly took me out last September. Ten days in the hospital and just now getting back up to full strength. I am still feeling a little bit of a existential crisis as it all happened at a transitional period in my life. I had just moved and only been here a week when I got it and so all plans were put on hold for several months while I recovered. Finally got off oxygen around december. Anyways I try to be nice to people, especially those that are in a corner and cant really help themselves (like cashiers and waiters etc.) but if a person is shitty to me I still go by the adage that the best defense is a good offense. If someone shits on me and they end up in the dirt, good. Sorry for your loss Rick, hope you can work this out in your head and as an employee. Being a vet and a loner (Im both) doesnt give anybody the right to shit on people for no reason.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Life is really strange man, things can change so fast. We never really know what each day can bring.

You post says more about YOU than it tells the story of you and your boss.

The way you handled things, given the situation? I think you did it right. Working though the tension that you did not ask for or create. Seems to me that above it all, you were patient, and understanding.

You're a good man Rick.
thank you. very few say that but i'll take it.
hats off to you.jpg

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Being a vet and a loner (Im both) doesnt give anybody the right to shit on people for no reason.
yeah i agree. i dont like seeing it when i do or going through it when i have.
just try my best to not pass the bs around honestly.

glad you pulled though the "mess" bro. your blessed to have come through after
going through it as far as you did.
:cheers:

PelliX

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the situation, Rick. Best thing you can do is pick up where he left off and see what you can make of it. How about the job itself, I mean - is this going to work out without his input?

You're a good man Rick.
Agree :cheers:

The way you're taking the situation to heart says a fair deal, I think.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the situation, Rick. Best thing you can do is pick up where he left off and see what you can make of it. How about the job itself, I mean - is this going to work out without his input?

Agree :cheers:

The way you're taking the situation to heart says a fair deal, I think.
well as luck would have it Mitch had a brother we found out.
hes holding a "funeral" of sorts for mitch for old time friends
i guess that hadnt seen him in a while like old military friends.
mitchs ex wife will attend as well. the funeral services will be
held 9 hrs round trip from us here. it will be on the busiest day of the
wee for our dept. we are already way under staffed and a nobody
is really talking about not being able to go.

sad thing is we cant attend we are needed at work. thing of it all is
mitch would have a shit fit if he knew any one of us skipped out of
work and left the rest even more short handed than we already are.
i can hear his words to us all telling us to stay put and "get your money".
i can hear it just as sure as im typing this lol. he loved his job guys.
seriously, he would throw a fit if we stressed it not being about to go
or trying to cut corners to be able to go.

good news is our company is sending a flower arrangement down from all of us.
its the right thing to do. on a unselfish and positive note at least mitch will be
laid to rest by a found famly member and his own ex wife.
sure it would be nice to have the whole thing closer to us but hes going home.
i honestly dont know how he would feel about that as i didnt know him
like that but he gets to go home at least. old military buddies will get to send him
off as well as his brother and his ex. im glad they are blessed to be able to do it
as they might not have been able to make the trip up this way where he and his ex lived.
sometimes life makes you make that bitter sweet trade and you gotta find the selflessness
in making that trade and be glad for the others. its the following saturday. its gonna be
a very tough day, i promise you, mitch will be with us if he can.

PelliX

Reaction score
You might well be right - it's a tough call, but from what I gather, he was quite job focussed, let's say. Attending the funeral is a symbolic thing, it doesn't change anything for anyone, really, except yourself. Do what you think is right - that's what counts in the end.

sometimes life makes you make that bitter sweet trade and you gotta find the selflessness
in making that trade and be glad for the others.

There's some serious truth there; I'm going to re-visit that statement sober tomorrow.

Barfly

Expert bottle opener.
Reaction score
You're a good dude, Rick, I don't think you should be too hard on yourself. I'm a supervisor and a lot of my guys are real rough around the edges. We go at it. Heavy sometimes... and guess what? Soon after we're having pizza or Popeye's chicken sandwiches.. uh, that would be spicy, of course.

Men at work bark at each other and then it's usually over until the next time. I want a Heinie.. no jokes, you did say he was your Ass Manager! Heheh Sorry. I'm just full of bad jokes.

Cheers...

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
You're a good dude, Rick, I don't think you should be too hard on yourself. I'm a supervisor and a lot of my guys are real rough around the edges. We go at it. Heavy sometimes... and guess what? Soon after we're having pizza or Popeye's chicken sandwiches.. uh, that would be spicy, of course.

Men at work bark at each other and then it's usually over until the next time. I want a Heinie.. no jokes, you did say he was your Ass Manager! Heheh Sorry. I'm just full of bad jokes.

Cheers...
oh man spicey is the only way to fly right?
yeah in certain businesses people will go at it.
its usually the higher stress jobs you see this.
shit happens and ya get over it. you hd better
or your gonna be switching jobs/careers a lot.
in my usiness you gotta be thick skinned or
your gonna get into trouble fast. im a Gen-Xer.
thick skinned lol.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Got the corona myself almost 3 weeks ago, for me it was like a bad cold. 2 days sucked real bad, but no worse than a crappy cold.

I’m still coughing and bringing up crap but it’s normal. No more headache, body aches, fever or plugged up head / ears feeling like underwater.

Wife showed symptoms the day after me, but she cleared up much faster.

Glad you guys are still here as well!!!!
hell, i might have it now.