JVM voltage question…

Reaction score
I’m considering buying a JVM205h. Can anyone tell me if the voltage is switchable? I want to order from Europe where the amps are 230v, here in the USA I need it to be 110/120v. If the voltage is not switchable does anyone know if there is an unused tap on the transformer so that it can easily be converted? Any input is appreciated.

spacerocker

Reaction score
I’m considering buying a JVM205h. Can anyone tell me if the voltage is switchable? I want to order from Europe where the amps are 230v, here in the USA I need it to be 110/120v. If the voltage is not switchable does anyone know if there is an unused tap on the transformer so that it can easily be converted? Any input is appreciated.

Unfortunately, it is not switchable, and there is no other mains voltage tap available. You would need to order a USA spec Transformer.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Plus, possibly if ordered from a dealer in Europe they are not allowed to sell overseas. This keeps local sales more local through national dealers where Marshall wants to keep them.

Moony

Reaction score
if ordered from a dealer in Europe they are not allowed to sell overseas.

I wondered about that too which dealer would ship to the US.
There are a few who already stated they do not.

Reaction score
Plus, possibly if ordered from a dealer in Europe they are not allowed to sell overseas. This keeps local sales more local through national dealers where Marshall wants to keep them.
I’ve found one that will ship. Just received a 1936 cab from them last week and all went well.

Reaction score
I wondered about that too which dealer would ship to the US.
There are a few who already stated they do not.
New amp arrived from Germany in 3 days! Only $1035 shipped. This thing is $2350 in the USA right now.

Attachments

• 7493D310-C042-4C46-8C12-538D2BD3C2DB.jpeg
    7493D310-C042-4C46-8C12-538D2BD3C2DB.jpeg
    670.1 KB · Views: 5

Moony

Reaction score
A little more simplified than the 4 series. Seems like a great amp.

I personally don't need more than 2 channels so I'm fine with the JVM2.
You can easily turn the overdrive channel of the JVM2 which equals "OD2" on JVM4 into "OD1" - just a swap of one resistor and two caps on the front pcb (the one with the pots).

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
I just found a new one on eBay at European prices. The product m-1936-u also shows up with the same pictures on a site in India. Hmmm. Says they ship from the US but warn that any amps will need a step down transformer to work on 115v. Can’t tell if this is a rip-off or not.

Reaction score
I just found a new one on eBay at European prices. The product m-1936-u also shows up with the same pictures on a site in India. Hmmm. Says they ship from the US but warn that any amps will need a step down transformer to work on 115v. Can’t tell if this is a rip-off or not.

I would be cautious of a seller with no reviews, but send them a message and see what they say.