JJ Cale

RCM 800

Reaction score
This is cool, I think the only stuff Ive ever known him for were the covers that are so famous and his crossroads performance. I really like the vid in the OP gonna have to go further down this rabbit hole now. I dont know why I never investigated further, Ive known about him since I was a kid and had my live Skynyrd LP. I guess just so much good music theres always something new to discover.

StingRay85

Reaction score
There is a YT channel with lots of full concerts from the 70s and 80s. Amazing stuff on there

lespaul339

Reaction score
I love JJ Cale. His style and songwriting is unique, and you instantly know it's him. Such an inspiration to a number of artists as well. I have quite a few of his albums on vinyl. Instantly sets a chill mood when I throw on one of his albums. Good music to get stoned too as well!

StingRay85

Reaction score
I'm deep in the rabbit hole

All this stuff is amazing

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
I love JJ Cale. His style and songwriting is unique, and you instantly know it's him. Such an inspiration to a number of artists as well. I have quite a few of his albums on vinyl. Instantly sets a chill mood when I throw on one of his albums. Good music to get stoned too as well!

I got a few on vinyl from way back and some on disc. I'm missing some ones I should have though.
I have really enjoyed the posthumous release "Stay Around".

Really a strong album of songs that had never made it out before.

There is a movie on YouTube I keep meaning to watch called To Tulsa and Back too.

This video is kind of dumb but if true probably gives a glimpse of how he would feel about not being in the RnR HOF-

lespaul339

Reaction score
I got a few on vinyl from way back and some on disc. I'm missing some ones I should have though.
I have really enjoyed the posthumous release "Stay Around".

Really a strong album of songs that had never made it out before.

There is a movie on YouTube I keep meaning to watch called To Tulsa and Back too.

This video is kind of dumb but if true probably gives a glimpse of how he would feel about not being in the RnR HOF-

Wow, I wasn't aware of that Stay Around album, but I will be checking into it for sure., Stay Around is a great tune and already sounds like one of his classics! Thanks for sharing!