In school, you saw everything under a microscope

G the wildman

Reaction score
...and you often failed to see "the bigger picture". Or, as I liked to refer to it, "the point.

Example: "Jill has five donuts and gave two to Jack. Then, Jill's mom gives her anther 6 donuts, and Jill gave another two to Jack". How many donuts does Jill have?

I was always like:

Why donuts? Why not muffins or cakes or pies, or even water chestnuts or pumpkin seeds?
Why was it Jill's mom who gave her the donuts in the fist place?
Why didn't Jill's mom give them to Jack instead?
Why would Jill's mom give Jill so many fattening donuts?
Was Jill's mom fat?
Why did Jill give Jack any donuts at all? Did she like him? Was she expecting something in return?

Now while I understand that simply answering the question with a straightforward answer seems to be the most efficient thing to do, what if we all approached life that way? Wouldn't it be smarter to take the time to analyze the question for various potential outcomes? Because I'm sure you'll find that the answer is not always correct without taking a multiplicative of additional items into account before providing your final answer.

Think about it.

Seems that you are from the Qualitative school Vin rather than the Quantitative school.

Bet you got in trouble a lot.🤣

G the wildman

Reaction score
A phenomenological study explores what people experienced and focuses on their experience of a phenomena.

shredless

Reaction score
<iframe width="412" height="232" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jsALQ548VUY" title="Jack Off Jill - Strawberry Gashes" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JamminJeff

Reaction score
I saw the Moon Rock under a microscope, literally. This was in the 9th grade and for some reason I thought we were going to see a ROCK from the freaking Moon the size of an actual ROCK.

Nope. Had to see it thru a microscope. (What a total letdown). The science teacher was hyped about it, but that's not saying much.

I never spoke of this incident again, until now.