I bought amp. Local pickup. How do I avoid Reverb fees??

mtm105

Reaction score
I imagine solution is simple. I goaded seller into cash option. He isn’t sure what to do.

I’m avoiding taxes. He’s avoiding seller fees. Win-win.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cancel the transaction and go pick it up.
^^ this ^^
How I sold my 6101.
Started exchanging texts with buyer for negotiations.
I just ended the Reverb listing and packed up the amp.
Seller arranged shipping and paid me through PayPal before I dropped it off at UPS.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine solution is simple. I goaded seller into cash option. He isn’t sure what to do.

I’m avoiding taxes. He’s avoiding seller fees. Win-win.
Did you place the order, or just negotiate a cash price?

mtm105

Reaction score
Did you place the order, or just negotiate a cash price?
I placed order. He gave me an offer $50 less than originally PMed. I took it to secure price. $900 for used Trainwreck clone.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I placed order. He gave me an offer $50 less than originally PMed. I took it to secure price. $900 for used Trainwreck clone.

Question #2
Did you already pay?

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he accepted your offer on Reverb, through reverb, he's already been charged seller fees, whether you paid yet or not. Canceling the transaction is the only way he will get credit back to his account if that's the case.

I'd say just pay the $50 or whatever the difference is between fees and no fees and save the pain in the ass.

mtm105

Reaction score
I did not pay. He is cancelling order and collecting cashola today or tomorrow. It’s not often local pickup is avail. 2-3 mile ride.

Do I get ANY kudos for amp? Is this forum all corksniffers?

Last edited:

KidBlast

Reaction score
Yes there is a solution

Do this as Friends and Family transaction which can be done on your cell phone w/the pay pal app installed.

If this is a local pickup, you can do it right in front of them, and the seller can then confirm the transaction is pending transfer to his bank on his phone

I've done this twice now, and avoided all fees. Pretty much the same as cash.

chocol8

Reaction score
Do I get ANY kudos for amp? Is this forum all corksniffers?

It has nothing to do with cork sniffers. You bought (well maybe bought, do you have it yet?) a used clone amp at a normal market price. That's not unusual or special in any way. It's like finishing in the middle of the pack in your fantasy whatever sport league. To make it worse, you are on a Marshall forum and the amp you bought is not a Marshall or well known Marshall clone, so why would people here have above normal interest in it? Sorry you didn't get a participation trophy. I bought Indian takeout for dinner last night, and no one congratulated me either.

If you bought a 1963 Marshall, people would have a lot more interest because it is a Marshall, and it would be extremely rare and unusual. Most of us couldn't do the same if we wanted to. Call that cork sniffing if you want, but it is more about rare and on topic than it is about sounds better or costs more.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not piling on, but how are any of the posters responses corksniffing? You're the one that had to have a boutique amplifier, albeit a fake boutique amplifier, so who's the actual corksniffer here?

And what about you buying an amplifier on Reverb, knowing the terms of doing so, then you find a way of hosing them out of their fee for using their site, all for what? $50?

Call me crazy but that Seems a bit dishonest to me. My integrity is worth more than $50, corksniffer or not.

Last edited:

mtm105

Reaction score
Do
Not piling on, but how are any of the posters responses corksniffing? You're the one that had to have a boutique amplifier, albeit a fake boutique amplifier, so who's the actual corksniffer here?

And what about you buying an amplifier on Reverb, knowing the terms of doing so, then you find a way of hosing them out of their fee for using their site, all for what? $50?

Call me crazy but that Seems a bit dishonest to me. My integrity is worth more than $50, corksniffer or notyou think that the same used item should be taxed over & over ad infinitum??

Call me crazy but that Seems a bit dishonest to me. My integrity is worth more than $50, corksniffer or not.

think that the same used item should be taxed over & over ad infinitum??

do you think that the same used item should be taxed over & over, … ad infinitum??

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're protesting sales tax. Got it..lol.

Buy something at a second hand store. Taxed. Buy something at a pawnshop. Taxed. Buy used music gear at a music store. Taxed.

Like it or not. It is what it is.

mtm105

Reaction score
So you're protesting sales tax. Got it..lol.

Buy something at a second hand store. Taxed. Buy something at a pawnshop. Taxed. Buy used music gear at a music store. Taxed.

Like it or not. It is what it is.
Autos, boats & homes.

Marijuana. Many selling illegally.

Latest posts