Hotel Room Action

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice V. Is it neck-heavy when you strap it on? (I'm always asking this question about V's).

Ive not noticed this particular one to be neck heavy
Nice p90 SG !
Have fun , make sure to play " Holiday in the sun " ! Maybe skip the swartzsticker though !

It's actually a humbucking SG Special ...but I can see that photo angle is a bit misleading

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a cool assortment!

I love the SG Special. I have one very similar.

For awhile , 90s / early oughts gloss finished SG Specials were a GREAT bargain and sometimes great guitars. They're not so easily had ,now
I got a cardinal red one at home that is just exceptional !!
They're a nice break from the Les Paul...

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score

For awhile , 90s / early oughts gloss finished SG Specials were a GREAT bargain and sometimes great guitars. They're not so easily had ,now
I got a cardinal red one at home that is just exceptional !!
They're a nice break from the Les Paul...
Very Nice! I dig the black on black!

I agree. I think they are really good guitars from those years. My faded wasn't anywhere near as good of a guitar as the 99 Special I have. It's well loved but cleans up nice. What surprised me about it is how resonant it is even unplugged. If yours is similar to mine, it has the chunky neck which I like. I have a bent tuner though and may swap them out.

I'm on the fence though because this one doesn't neck dive and may if I swap tuners.

The guitar was also cheap. So that helps lol. I can't imagine a Standard being that much better of a guitar or being worth the extra coin.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very Nice! I dig the black on black!

I agree. I think they are really good guitars from those years. My faded wasn't anywhere near as good of a guitar as the 99 Special I have. It's well loved but cleans up nice. What surprised me about it is how resonant it is even unplugged. If yours is similar to mine, it has the chunky neck which I like. I have a bent tuner though and may swap them out.

I'm on the fence though because this one doesn't neck dive and may if I swap tuners.

The guitar was also cheap. So that helps lol. I can't imagine a Standard being that much better of a guitar or being worth the extra coin.

This one is actually an Oxblood, 2003 , which is cool ,because they made an absolute ton of black ones
Yeah this one is resonant and really good. The necks are great . There was a time you could pick these up under 500, which I did . I think I got that oxblood for $350

I got this 1999 Cardinal for 400 bucks w/ohsc in 2013.Its one of the best Gibson guitars Ive ever had

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
This one is actually an Oxblood, 2003 , which is cool ,because they made an absolute ton of black ones
Yeah this one is resonant and really good. The necks are great . There was a time you could pick these up under 500, which I did . I think I got that oxblood for $350

I got this 1999 Cardinal for 400 bucks w/ohsc in 2013.Its one of the best Gibson guitars Ive ever had

Oh man, just now noticed the other one being the dark red. That's way cool.

You done good one the price too. You simply cannot buy one in today's time for that price. Unless it's real rough or you know someone. Mine was $600 and worth every penny. If I had to sell it tomorrow, I'd lose nothing on it. In fact, I'm positive I'd make a few dollars.

Between the $350 and $400 you paid, There is no better of a guitar to be had in my opinion.

Latest posts