Hello from the Bay Area!

Roach

Reaction score
Hey hey,

From Hayward.

Always good to see bay area people on these forums, welcome.

Roach

Reaction score
Is the Bay area really as bad as advertised in terms of tent cities, homeless people, sidewalk feces, needles, rampant shop-lifting, break-ins, etc......?
Here is my take on living here:
Every morning I get up and go outside on my patio and feel the warm sun on my face. I close my eyes and listen to the leaves rustle as the gentle breeze passes by, and the birds singing beautiful melodies...
...and the sirens, gunshots and screams!!!!!

Regarding tent cities, San Jose, Alameda and Oakland are pretty bad, in some areas, but probably not as bad as you have heard.
I think it isn't just California or the bay area. Homelessness is everywhere.

The media spotlight because of the fires that displaced many. It was getting worse before that, but the media wasn't talking as much about it then. Now that people who have been temporarily made homeless while insurance companies go to work on claims, the problem has multiplied rapidly so it started being reported more frequently. It has always been there, right in front of us. Turning away from the homeless, ignoring them, literally stepping around them, deserves an awareness paradigm shift. We need to find solutions that are better than what we have now. The solutions should include educational programs, because the answers are going to come from our youth. Most of all we need programs that focus on mental health!! Also drug abuse. We need to do anything we can that gives hope to those who don't have any. Also contributing to the problem is the economic effect of the pandemic, which caused so many jobs to disappear.

PAYING BAY AREA COST OF LIVING YOU MIGHT END UP HOMELESS TOO!
Oh but the perfect whether makes it the best in the USA to live.

Latest posts