Headphone amps

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Seeing all the Rockmans everyone else has, and the other stuff coming out, I think I feel the need for an actual headphone amp. Like for taking on little trips, jamming outside, and not causing a ruckus at night.

The top contender, for me, currently looks like it’s the Fender Micro Mustang.

There’s also the NUX Mighty Plug 2,
And the Blackstar Amplug FLY.
The NUX has an app that you have to use to make adjustments (ugh, already flaccid)
And the blackstar doesn’t offer that much in terms of features.

But then Harley Benton just released their ripoff of the Fender Micro…

It’s in the same price bracket as the NUX and Blackstar, but has the same spec as the Fender.

Are there others I should consider?
Should I just get it and report back in with my findings?

pedecamp

Reaction score
Seeing all the Rockmans everyone else has, and the other stuff coming out, I think I feel the need for an actual headphone amp. Like for taking on little trips, jamming outside, and not causing a ruckus at night.

The top contender, for me, currently looks like it’s the Fender Micro Mustang.

There’s also the NUX Mighty Plug 2,
And the Blackstar Amplug FLY.
The NUX has an app that you have to use to make adjustments (ugh, already flaccid)
And the blackstar doesn’t offer that much in terms of features.

But then Harley Benton just released their ripoff of the Fender Micro…

It’s in the same price bracket as the NUX and Blackstar, but has the same spec as the Fender.

Are there others I should consider?
Should I just get it and report back in with my findings?
I have a couple Vox Amplugs, theyve been around a long time and are pretty good, just watched a video on the Fender Micro Mustang and it looks good so get that one!

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Take a Look at the Boss Pocket GT too !!
Yah, will definitely do that. I was mildly dissatisfied with my last GT-1, as the gain structure on every amp sounded the same.
I have a couple Vox Amplugs, theyve been around a long time and are pretty good, just watched a video on the Fender Micro Mustang and it looks good so get that one!
The Voxes doesn’t have fx, right?
Yeah I would like to, and I will probably, if I don’t get rave reviews about the DNAFX Git.
The Fender just fit the bill nicely.

Last edited:

Latest posts