Guitar Center never ceases to amaze me

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
You'd figure that a big chain store that deals in used equipment would write up a price guide for common types equipment they will encounters, so the price points they list the gear at are reasonably consistent.

But that'd require somebody to do some actual work. Nah, that's asking too much.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
Quick update...When I removed the chassis a broken EL34 tube pin fell out and FS1 was blown, also.
Original Marshall tubes were still in there from 2015, so off to get some fuses and a new set of EL34's.

Please keep us posted!
Fuses came in and I got a new set of J&J EL34s locally, loaded some good pre's...and she rockin' hard and sounding great with my G12-80 quad!
I jammed for 5 with my SSS Strat and Oh Man, I had a big smile the rest of the night. Now, I need a footswitch and a permanent power chord.
I've really been wanting a TSL lately, but this thing is so much better than the DSL15H that was my only DSL before this one.
I left it open, so I'll bias her up tonight, maybe roll some preamp tubes and put her back together.

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
I do browse the used section because sometimes they do get interesting stuff there.

I'd tread lightly when buying anything classified as"vintage". I believe the return window on it is only 3 days.

I bought an '80's Flying V a couple of months back and it turned out to be a bit of basket case. The good thing is that there are no structural issues. Lots of broken stuff you can't see.

The pictures were not that great to say the least. No mention of it being refinished either. I buy them to play but certain things I prefer to know before hand.

Lesson learned I suppose. I think I am best off to keep it, fix the issues and enjoy it. No interest in selling at a fairly big loss. I wanted that ebony fretboard real bad, guess I got one now lol.

axe4me

Reaction score
IMO, GC salesforce is planning to leave their job at the moment.

They know that they're a "lost fart in the blizzard".

Deftone

Reaction score
I've seen this multiple times, doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I see it as an opportunity to get a better price.

Latest posts