Glad to be part of this group!

Jack Lord

Reaction score
I'm new to Marshall amps and to this forum. I've found so much help in browsing the forum. I've always been looking for an electric guitar sound that I really like. I switched from being mainly an acoustic player to more a full-time electric player. I've has many amps over the years and used pedals to shape the sound I was after. This past summer I tried my first Marshall amp. It was an SV20C. I actually used the amp to demo a guitar and ended up passing on the guitar but walking out with the amp. It had a feeling of "home" when I put the lead channel on 7 and hit my first chord. I love the sound and the feeling is that it is what I've been searching for. I've made a few small changes but even stock, as it was, won me over.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

Last edited:

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
I'm new to Marshall amps and to this forum. I've found so much help in browsing the forum. I've always been looking for an electric guitar sound that I really like. I switched from being mainly an acoustic player to more a full-time electric player. I've has many amps over the years and used pedals to shape the sound I was after. This past summer I tried my first Marshall amp. It was an SV20C. I actually used the amp to demo a guitar and ended up passing on the guitar but walking out with the amp. It had a feeling of "home" when I put the lead channel on 7 and hit my first chord. I love the sound and the feeling is that it is what I've been searching for. I've made a few small changes but even stock, as it was, won me over.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here!
Welcome to the forum! Cool amp!

BlueX

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I think you are among likeminded here.

I actually used the amp to demo a guitar and ended up passing on the guitar but walking out with the amp. It had a feeling of "home" when I put the lead channel on 7 and hit my first chord.
This statement is spot on for the great SV20 amps