Friday Means Rawk!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score

interestingly, BMS is a Montrose tune. Bonilla, above, was a student of Montrose's. If you listen to that tune, he's doing a very Montrose inspired jam...

I've been to a few Montrose tribute jams, & Mark's usually one of the featured guests. I saw him play a while back when he played for Derek Smalls, which was a rock opera comedy...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I see Peavey cabs. You guys think he's playing on 5150's at this stage? I don't know?

probably... There was that big auction a while back, that was all Ted stuff. They sold a few sets of his backline setups. They sold the backstage cab's all racked together, like you see them there, in the video...

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably... There was that big auction a while back, that was all Ted stuff. They sold a few sets of his backline setups. They sold the backstage cab's all racked together, like you see them there, in the video...
I think he sounds great in this one. Caught me off guard. Thanks DOD!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
here's an image from the auction:

1650134160811.png

2 Large rolling rack stage backdrop with 8 Peavey 5150 Straight 4x12 cabinets (2 are definitely dead units) and 2 Peavey 810 Tour Series Bass speaker cabinets. 2 small rolling rack speaker backdrop with 4 Peavey 5150 Straight 4x12 cabinets. Rolling drum riser stage.

I'm sure the white were 5150 cab's...

Deftone

Reaction score
interestingly, BMS is a Montrose tune. Bonilla, above, was a student of Montrose's. If you listen to that tune, he's doing a very Montrose inspired jam...

I've been to a few Montrose tribute jams, & Mark's usually one of the featured guests. I saw him play a while back when he played for Derek Smalls, which was a rock opera comedy...
Every time I see Marc Bonilla, I'm amazed. He's not just technically proficient, he's incredibly musical and his tone rips.

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's an image from the auction:

View attachment 106109

2 Large rolling rack stage backdrop with 8 Peavey 5150 Straight 4x12 cabinets (2 are definitely dead units) and 2 Peavey 810 Tour Series Bass speaker cabinets. 2 small rolling rack speaker backdrop with 4 Peavey 5150 Straight 4x12 cabinets. Rolling drum riser stage.

I'm sure the white were 5150 cab's...
How much more money passed cause?lol

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Derek, former bass player of Spinal Tap, is playing the part of a disrespected & fired bass player, who still gets no respect, & thinks it's unfair that his new musicians do...

At the show, he has Steve Lukather, Steve Vai, Dweezil Zappa, Mark Bonilla, Waddy Wattell, The Hollywood Orchestra, as you can see Rick Wakeman on the big screen, etc...

Weird thing is he had a tour planned, played this show, & pretty much cancelled the tour... :shrug:

But, yeah, it was a fun night, the music, even if meant as a joke, was pretty spot on.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
opening tune they did, w/ Lukather & Bonilla on guitars...

funny, at the beginning, he comes out, picture Rob Halford on a Harley, but, Derek comes out on a senior's scooter...

oh, also, see how the guy brings his bass? That was a guy from Schecter. He came out every song w/ a brand new bass, & a different color...

Lukather is playing on a TSL 100...

Latest posts