Finally found what I'm looking for: Marshallforum

P.Bass

Reaction score
Hello All,

Been searching for years and years and only now I found this forum. Excellent!
I'm an old guy from Belgium, born july 1970, and I own a JCM 800 Bass series that I bought brand new when I was about 18/19 years old. Too long ago to remember exact. I bought it together with a matching Marshall Bass series cab, if I'm not mistaken a 4X10. Been playing it hard & loud ever since, until today. It never let me down. Been 2 times in service in that time, that's all. For the fans, it's an horizontal one.
Now a couple of months ago I found a JCM800 Bass series, a vertical one, with matching cab 1935 4X12, on a local second hand side. It was in excellent condition so I bought it without a single hesitation.
Now I play on both :)
And it sounds even better. So, in my honest opinion: the more JCM800 Bass series, the better!
Kind regards,
Pieter aka P.Bass

P.Bass

Reaction score
Tuesday evening it's rehearsal of the band I'm in :cool: . I will take some pictures and post them tomorrow asap. I don't keep the amps at home as they are too loud to play them there. And playing them on volume 1 doesn't make any sense. You gotta play'em loud.
Pictures will be of the outside.

P.Bass

Reaction score
Thanks all for your replies. About the amps you can find some info and sometimes something on youtube. But i don't find anything on the cabs. The only thing that is sometimes mentioned is "celestion" :). Does anybody has more info on my cabs? What's inside, when it was build, are they any good or is there better when it comes to Marshall cabs, etc... So please, if you have any info on the cabs, please share. Thanks in advance.