Fender Mustang V demo-test

FFXIhealer

Reaction score

The tracks are as follows:

BackInBlackMix.mp3 - The mix of my playing and "Back In Black - AC/DC"
BIBRec.mp3 - The recording track heard in the previous MP3, without the backing track. It's the raw recording track.
BringMeMix.mp3 - The mix of my playing and "Bring Me To Life - Evanescense"
BringMeRec.mp3 - The recording track.
DonnasMix.mp3 - The mix of my playing and "Who Invited You - The Donnas"
DonnasRec.mp3 - The recording track.

All 3 tracks were recorded using my Fender Mustang V half-stack with the stock speakers in the V412 cabinet (Celestion Rocket 50 speakers). The mic used was a center-cone positioned SHURE SM-57 hooked to a Peavey PV-6 USB mixer. The DAW used was Reaper 64-bit. No effects were used before transcoding to MP3 format and upload to the SoundCloud server.

For Back In Black, I used my 2012 Gibson SG Special Faded with the stock 490T bridge pickup.

For Bring Me To Life and Who Invited You, I used my 2007 Hagstrom Ultra-Swede with the stock bridge pickup.

The amp models used (in the Fender Mustang amp) are:
[British '70s] Marshall 1959SLP - Gain on "2", 4x12G cab
[British '80s] Marshall JCM800 - Gain on 4.7, 4x12M cab
[American '90s] Mesa Dual-Rectifier - Gain on 5.8, 4x12M cab

The 4x12M speaker cabinet model emulates a 4x12" with Celestion G12T-75 speakers as found in the Marshall 1960A Lead cabinets.
The 4x12G speaker cabinet model emulates a 4x12" with Celstion G12M Greenback speakers as found in the Marshall 1960AX cabinets.

The Mustang also has a 4x12V which emulates Celestion Vintage 30s, but I never did care much for the way those speakers sounded on some of these amp models.

EDIT: Ok, apparently, SoundCloud is getting pissy about BringMeMix.mp3 because it has Evanescense's actually MP3 track in it, so they keep taking it down. I may have to take the other two mix tracks down as well. >.<

Last edited:

solarburn

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the sound of the last track. What amp model was that?

Oh and cool demo!

shooto

Reaction score
I F' ing love my Mustang III...it is really surprising how great it sounds-

go onto FUSE and check out my JCM800 preset...under "shooto" and tell me what you think...it's the one I use live-

nice demo...Donnas F' ing rock

FFXIhealer

Reaction score
EDIT #2: I hacked the first 20-or-so seconds off of BringMeMix.mp3 and uploaded that as BringMeEdit.mp3. Now the recording starts off where I being playing, so it shouldn't kick it out as me posting her song directly. I really like the way that Mesa Dual-Rec mixes in with the track for that song. I REALLY like how that Hagstrom sounds through that amp model with its snarly treble bite on the pickups.

The track info goes something like this:

Back In Black - AC/DC = [British '70s] Marshall 1959SLP
Gain 1.5, Treble 7.8, Middle 5.5 (half), Bass 6.6, Presence 1.0 (off)
Blend 100% (full hi-treble channel, no mix channel)
BIAS 0%, SAG "Less"
4x12G cab (Greenbacks)
Noise Gate LOW
Small Hall Reverb - Level at 1.5
Guitar - 2012 Gibson SG Special Faded

Who Invited You - The Donnas = [British '80s] Marshall JCM800
Gain 5.0, Treble 7.0, Middle 6.6, Bass 7.9, Presence 5.5 (half)
Master Volume 5.4 (power amp)
BIAS 0%, SAG "Match"
4x12M cab (G12T-75s)
Noise Gate LOW
No effects
Guitar - 2007 Hagstrom Ultra-Swede

Bring Me To Life - Evanescense = [American '90s] Mesa Dual-Rectifier Solo
Gain 6.0, Treble 6.7, Middle 3.8, Bass 6.8, Presence 4.9
Master Volume 4.6 (power amp)
BIAS 0%, SAG "Match"
4x12M cab (G12T-75s)
Noise Gate HIGH
No effects
Guitar - 2007 Hagstrom Ultra-Swede

Keep in mind that Fender amp knobs tend to go from 1 to 10, not 0 to 10 like Marshall and friends. So 1 = off, 5.5 = half, and 10 = full.

FFXIhealer

Reaction score
Man, was that the only love I get for my playing? I mean, I've only been working at it for 2 years, but I can't be that bad, eh?

solarburn

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, was that the only love I get for my playing? I mean, I've only been working at it for 2 years, but I can't be that bad, eh?

I was judging the tone and for me I prefer rock tones. That's why I liked the one I commented on.

If I can recognize the song you're playing you're doing good man. I dug it. Personally I don't like critiquing anyone's playing. What I do like is hearing amps I haven't played and enjoying a guy/gal rocking out. Don't care how good it is. Having said that I thought the playing was good. Keep it up.:dude:

:jam:

Latest posts