Farmerlion says high!

Farmerlion

Reaction score
Hello friends, this is my first time on any thread outside of a few cannabis forums that I teach on. I'm certainly here to learn.

Three years ago I started gathering parts and wood for my ultimate guitar build. This came about so that I would not give up on learning how to play. Since I knew I would have a great amount of me invested into a guitar and 4 x 12" speaker cabinet. I wanted a flying V like Amos that Joe Bonamassa plays. That's way out of my price range, so I decided to build one from scratch.
Being inspired from a Bison skull I have in my yard in the Badlands of North Dakota. I knew that was the body style I wanted. I found a lady in Indiana that had a very large and old Cherry tree that had to be taken down. I had a two foot long section of the trunk sent to a luthier to create the Bison soul. Body. I contacted Wormoth guitars to make me a neck out of Bloodwood. I found a set of new old stock tuner machine heads dating to 65/66 year of production. I had Darkmoon pickups in NYC build me two Overdrive Humbucker pickups and Mastery bridge and vibrato.
20200819_215352.jpg
The 4 x 12" cabinet is a military rifle box from the late 1800's to the early 1900's most likely WW1 era. I lined the boxing 1 1/8" heavy flooring material. Fitting in 4 Jensen 100 watt Tornado speakers. Its almost 6 ' tall and weighs about 300 lbs. It's a solid back cabinet fully sealed with two expansion chambers designed inside.

Upon completion my wife was diagnosed with 2 types of cancer. As she became cancer free covid started, and I became very ill the last several months. I'm just now getting to pick up my guitar and learn how to play. I'm very excited to fulfill this dream of mine to play some mean ass slow blues.

So hello from the Badlands
Peace farmerlion and Snort and the Box

Last edited:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Hello friends, this is my first time on any thread outside of a few cannabis forums that I teach on. I'm certainly here to learn.

Three years ago I started gathering parts and wood for my ultimate guitar build. This came about so that I would not give up on learning how to play. Since I knew I would have a great amount of me invested into a guitar and 4 x 12" speaker cabinet. I wanted a flying V like Amos that Joe Bonamassa plays. That's way out of my price range, so I decided to build one from scratch.
Being inspired from a Bison skull I have in my yard in the Badlands of North Dakota. I knew that was the body style I wanted. I found a lady in Indiana that had a very large and old Cherry tree that had to be taken down. I had a two foot long section of the trunk sent to a luthier to create the Bison soul. Body. I contacted Wormoth guitars to make me a neck out of Bloodwood. I found a set of new old stock tuner machine heads dating to 65/66 year of production. I had Darkmoon pickups in NYC build me two Overdrive Humbucker pickups and Mastery bridge and vibrato.
View attachment 107153
The 4 x 12" cabinet is a military rifle box from the late 1800's to the early 1900's most likely WW1 era. I lined the boxing 1 1/8" heavy flooring material. Fitting in 4 Jensen 100 watt Tornado speakers. Its almost 6 ' tall and weighs about 300 lbs. It's a solid back cabinet fully sealed with two expansion chambers designed inside.

Upon completion my wife was diagnosed with 2 types of cancer. As she became cancer free covid started, and I became very ill the last several months. I'm just now getting to pick up my guitar and learn how to play. I'm very excited to fulfill this dream of mine to play some mean ass slow blues.

welcome to the forum.

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 107153

Welcome Farmerlion.
That's all quite interesting.

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
Welcome, Farmerlion. You teach on cannabis forums, but does anyone remember what was taught?

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Truly unique set you got there.