***Essential Pedals. What's yours?***

matttornado

Reaction score
I'm not much of a pedal guy but when playing live, All I need is a tuner, a boost (MXR mini Boost) for leads and a delay. I'm currently looking for a new analog delay. Modulation sometimes if I'm in the mood - maybe an MXR Phase 90 or Boss Chorus.

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Digitech drop.

Edit: Im surprised nobody else listed this. I used to have to bring 3-4 guitars to a gig to cover the songs we did, now I take 2, tuned the same. One with and one without floyd, and really just in case I break a string. Only happened once on stage, but Ill never chance that again.

Last edited:

1234_thumbwar

Reaction score
Honestly the only pedal I regularly use is just a strobostomp hd. I used to use the buffer in it to keep the highs on my guitars but now I use it in true bypass to knock the highs off. A strat and tele can sound bright through an SV20

All the gain I need comes from the amp. Sometimes Ill also use a ditto x2 looper to try and come up with chord progressions to play over and make myself play in time better but typically Ive only got the strobostomp for tuning and losing a bit of high end.

I used to use an MXR 10 band EQ and I think Ill have a purpose for it again if I ever want to scoop mids for a more metal sound but I originally used it for a mid boost and to add a bit of sparkle above 2k or so

Latest posts