Electric guitar/s used on led Zep 2 ?

Tone Slinger

Reaction score
I know alot of people think Page ALWAYS used a Les Paul for everything, but it is common knowledge (nowadays) that he, in fact, used a Tele on Led Zep 1. I have always listened to that second album and hear a Tele there too ( those behind the nut bends on the unaccompanied solo in 'Heartbreaker' are NOT a angled headstock Gibson imo).
Was the whole of Led Zep 2 a Tele, and if not, where was a Gibson used ?

Fernieite

Reaction score
Well, there are photos of Page using his newly acquired burst to record some tracks on Zeppelin II. He was plugged into his Vox UL amp and Rickenbacker cab... But, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he used his Tele for somethings as well.

This thread might help.

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
actually, he used his Black Beauty on some of it, also. They recorded it while they were on the road in the US.

Whole Lotta Love he uses a whammy bar, which, the Black Beauty had a Bigsby installed on it...

Ramble ON, he does a tremolo using the toggle switch.

Heartbreaker, you can hear the LP vs the Tele, on the tracks...

21fret

Reaction score
url

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I did a thread on a study of Heartbreaker, focusing on the lead solo section.

I just cobbled this together right now. If you listen to the guitar parts, there's 3 guitars.

1. the main guitar, where Jimmy plays the lead solo & then plays the blues minor riff, that goes to the end, where they go back into the main riff. That is Les Paul

2. Jimmy plays an A chord under the blues minor riff, & fills in some of the solo, where you hear doubled solos (they edited the doubled parts to be single between the 2. Once again Les Paul

3. Last solo played over the other 2 parts. Telecaster

Latest posts