Ed.

nickfox

Reaction score
what's weird is, that, they (the cab's) are obviously on a stage, but... why isn't Alex? or Ed?

If Alex was on the stage, it'd be like a drum riser. Weird setting...

When I first saw the picture above, I thought they were the opening act for another band and had set up their gear in front of the stage. Then I found some other pictures from that gig and realized that Ed's stack was on top of a picnic table. They were playing at a high school that day.

What I'm curious about is that Kustom tuck and roll 4x12 and a second Kustom cabinet in the other picture.

Could that have been for DLR's vocals?

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg

nickfox

Reaction score
Found some more information and pictures. Here is a picture of Mark Stone (far right), their original bassist. And in the second picture, you can see a comment from Greg Renoff, the author of "Van Halen Rising" who says this was at LaPuente City Park.

a.jpg b.png

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Found some more information and pictures. Here is a picture of Mark Stone (far right), their original bassist. And in the second picture, you can see a comment from Greg Renoff, the author of "Van Halen Rising" who says this was at LaPuente City Park.

View attachment 116570 View attachment 116571
good sleuthing,,, always good to set the record straight! 👍 ...

I saw it on fakebook, but didn't look too deep into it. Just thought it was a cool image, from way back.

I don't guess you'd call king Edward, prince Edward back then, eh...

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score
what's weird is, that, they (the cab's) are obviously on a stage, but... why isn't Alex? or Ed?

If Alex was on the stage, it'd be like a drum riser. Weird setting...
iu

Is it because it's only a picnic table or something like that?

EDIT: Never mind, hadn't seen this pic yet:
a-jpg.116563

Last edited:

Latest posts