Dsl5cr

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
No, they are dark 3-legged stand up components.

The section in that photo is the headphone/speaker interface.

Tbomb

Reaction score
Is this them?

Attachments

• 3EB95AFF-1F80-403D-AE42-5F143EFBAF53.jpeg
    3EB95AFF-1F80-403D-AE42-5F143EFBAF53.jpeg
    913 KB · Views: 84

Tbomb

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just pulled the trigger on a new DSL5cr it is real cool. Sounds so much like my JVM205C but more portable for my practice group.

I have bought it to replace my Blues Junior and all the pedals that I take to practice. I don't think it will be loud enough for some practice situations so may keep the BJ. But hope it does the job.

All sounds in one small amp could be bliss.
In the shop I compared it to the 10watt Blackstar Anniversary range the rock voiced model is nice. But when I switched on the Marshall I was in Utopia.

Keep Rocking,

G

I agree....just got done playing mine and am just blown away by the tone in this little amp. The Ultra channel (where I spend most of my time) is much better and more balanced than my previous 5C imho. Maybe just my perception, but the more I play it the more I love it.

DannyB

Reaction score
You are wrong here Danny.

The new 5cr is a different animal.

It sounds nice,

It’s not the first time I’ve been wrong. And provided I live a couple more hours, it won’t be the last! :lol:

I have no doubt the 5CR is a killler little machine. No doubt what so ever. It was not my intention to imply other wise. It’s a Marshall. I’m just not mentally prepared for SS in my Marshall tube amp. I suppose you could say I’m a bit mental! :rofl:And I’m not degrading SS amps, either. As long as it’s an all analog signal path like a Quilter, I dig ‘em.

:cheers:

:uk:

G the wildman

Reaction score
It’s not the first time I’ve been wrong. And provided I live a couple more hours, it won’t be the last! :lol:

I have no doubt the 5CR is a killler little machine. No doubt what so ever. It was not my intention to imply other wise. It’s a Marshall. I’m just not mentally prepared for SS in my Marshall tube amp. I suppose you could say I’m a bit mental! :rofl:And I’m not degrading SS amps, either. As long as it’s an all analog signal path like a Quilter, I dig ‘em.

:cheers:

:uk:
You have redeemed yourself Danny, with a measured response.

I too like to think of my tube amp as being a TRUE tube amp.

I am not sure yet if it the 5cr is a hybrid but it sounds so cool. And I have a JVM205C to compare it to.

Anyway keep rocking.

G

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
No, looks like there is a bias pot.
What power tube does it have?

Why would you assume there is no bias adjustment?
(you didn't ask a dumb question, but I am curious...)

Tbomb

Reaction score
You have redeemed yourself Danny, with a measured response.

I too like to think of my tube amp as being a TRUE tube amp.

I am not sure yet if it the 5cr is a hybrid but it sounds so cool. And I have a JVM205C to compare it to.

Anyway keep rocking.

G

I agree tone on this little amp is great and I am loving mine so far. Question though.....On your 5CR do you ever power on the amp and the reverb isn’t on? I’ve had mine for about a week+ now and on two sepereate occasions the reverb was off when I initially turned it on. I power cycled it and reverb was back. 95% of the time so far it’s been fine; however I just wondering if any others are experiencing this as well.

Last edited:

G the wildman

Reaction score
No, looks like there is a bias pot.
What power tube does it have?

Why would you assume there is no bias adjustment?
(you didn't ask a dumb question, but I am curious...)

Hi Micky,

I thought you only had to bias if there were a pair of finals.

I will revert re the tube type later.

G

G the wildman

Reaction score
This amp absolutely rocks with my LP. It is also nice with my strat but probably too quite.

It does have to be dialled in to get the nice sounds. But takes seconds.

I have not used the FX loop yet but love the fact that you can control that from the supplied foot pedal.

G

Tbomb

Reaction score
@ G

Did you experience any issues with reverb coming on during power up? It happened to me twice since I had it. Power cycled and it was fine.

G the wildman

Reaction score
@ G

Did you experience any issues with reverb coming on during power up? It happened to me twice since I had it. Power cycled and it was fine.
Hi Tbomb,

So far I have had no issues with the amp. Unlike my former Dsl40c this little machine has good reverb.

So far so good.

G

Latest posts