Dsl1 (2018 Vietnam Version) Mod's

Rem223

Reaction score
My 823 arrives this coming week. Looking forward to trying it out.

I’d also like to find the schematic for the JCM1 or even SC20 (none in this forum that I could find posted) so I can compare the preamp and tone stack designs. Thinking if the 823 doesn’t quite do it for me that I might be able to change a few values here and there to get a little closer to the JCM’s open/mid focus tone, but keep the aspects of the DSL vibe that I really like. I like experimenting.

Wormscoffer

Reaction score
If doing this mod fresh, I would have used a mini toggle switch.
@Mavrim It seems obvious but I just wanted to check. I don't want to add another socket or switch to my amp, which only arrived today, but if I pull the orange wire spade off the PCB and plug in the white one does that make my socket 8Ω ? I will only be using it with an 8Ω Greenback for the foreseeable future.

drklwo39

Reaction score
@Mavrim It seems obvious but I just wanted to check. I don't want to add another socket or switch to my amp, which only arrived today, but if I pull the orange wire spade off the PCB and plug in the white one does that make my socket 8Ω ? I will only be using it with an 8Ω Greenback for the foreseeable future.
From what I understood in reading the rest of the posts, I do believe they debunked the 8 ohm tap as not being true, but from what I saw, it seems that since it’s so low wattage, that it wouldn’t really Hurt anything thought I could be wrong

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Amp is "vietnam" version, pcb says y17w48.

Btw. If you are on ultragain / RED channel and have bass,middle at 12o'clock, then turn treble pot to full off, how does your amp change sound??? Use moderate gain and volume.

That vietnamese DSL1 in my garage has weird behavior with treble off, modded or not... it first cut treble as it should but at zero, it regains treble, and change sound to something else, more mids, really different sounding DSL1 with treble off.
I did this to my new unmodified dsl1cr and the green channel is totally usable now..