Do you stand when you practice v gaming chair or stool?

BluezMe

Reaction score
"to play rock 'n' roll, you have to feel it"
especially when you have an 7.5 lb Les Paul riding low using the Big Muscles...

But often sit in a Cushioned chair (usually on the front edge) Noodling in front of the TV... or Learning something off Youtube

when sitting... I like a thicker neck... when standing with the Guitar hanging much lower... use a smaller neck

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Depends on what I'm doing, tone chasing I stand back and face the amp, noodling or learning something I sit in my armless office chair.

Ken Ops

Reaction score
Standing or drum stool (which I also use for keys and e-drums). The stool for when I be larnin’, basically. Or tired AF maybe.

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

... when you practice v ...​

Yeah, well, practicing with a V brings its own problems. Never mind the arms of a chair, that guitar won't sit on your knee in any chair.

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The arms of an armchair are like chairs for your arms.
Somebody had to say it.

10kDA

Reaction score
I stand and tend to wander around the house while playing unplugged. With an amp running I can't wander as much as I don't currently have a wireless rig LOL. When I get tired I often sit back on a couch and play while watching TV. I stand when recording because I can watch the meters on my console when standing. Sometimes I sit at one of those stackable square-tube frame chairs in front of my desktop screen if I am watching a video and want to play along. I don't have a dedicated chair or stool to park when playing, it's most often just the couch.

Torren61

Reaction score
Neither. I take a knee when I play the national anthem in support of all the guitar players who were told to stop playing or asked to leave guitar stores because they offered their rendition of Stairway to Heaven or Smoke on the Water.

Chrome

Firebird Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never sit while gigging, when practicing, it depends, if I am learning something new, often I will sit, because I feel I can focus on what I am trying to learn. once I learn it, I will continue practicing it standing, so I get used to playing as though I'm gigging. to each his own, but this works for me.

speyfly

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

What I really want to know is: does anyone practice using a gaming chair, with no arms.

I either stand or use a stool.

The gaming chair does look inviting but also takes a lot of room.

What do you do?

G
Stand unless playing acoustic.

Latest posts