Current guitars using Kahler as OEM bridge

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
+1
View attachment 120179
Kahler Flyer on my '83 Hondo II Pro DC.
Originally installed by someone with absolutely NO wood working skills.
I wound up cutting more wood out, gluing new wood back in, and re-routing to spec.
Luckily, all the Frankensteining is hidden underneath the Kahler.
I had an '80s Hondo, that had a Kahler, but, it was stock...

Mine was a suoer strat type, w/ pointy headstock... jet black paint...

McNamara

Reaction score
I was going to buy the Stranger Things Warlock but they only put the Kahler on the US model, not the import.
I just re-watched that scene... "Most - Metal - EVEEEERR!!!" Yeah that Warlock is one of those "if I won the lottery tomorrow" purchases I would make.

I had to do a bit of routing to fit a nice Callaham 6-screw bridge into a cheap old Strat I found that had an awesome neck. I might actually buy a proper router and do a Kahler rout myself on a Warmoth body or something - after lots of practice on wood blanks, first. Probably still cheaper than paying someone else to do it.

SkyMonkey, I did see that article you posted recently, but nearly all of the guitars on their list are out of production. I looked on Reverb.com recently for any of Jerry's G&L Rampage sig guitars, but they're all over $3k. Might as well build something new for less than half the cost.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Floyd makes a direct replacement for the Strat bridge. It's a really good bridge and it doesn't get enough love really.

tuwmlEi.png

My BC Rich Warlock NJ had the Kahler Flyer trem on it and like Kerry King was saying - I'm just used to it so I would gravitate towards a guitar that has that over a Floyd. I was going to buy the Stranger Things Warlock but they only put the Kahler on the US model, not the import.
Yep. They also make one that's a direct fit for Gibson guitars.

Latest posts