Ceriatone JTM45 Bluesbreaker Kit

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
Whats the story on the cabinet? looks nice.

The cabinet was built by Sourmash. They look better to me than the Ceriatone cabs. They will make it to any dimensions you want as the opening needed to be wider and it needed to be deeper to accommodate that chassis. They even pre-drill the holes for the logo. They will not drill the holes for the chassis however.

Trouble

Reaction score
The cabinet was built by Sourmash. They look better to me than the Ceriatone cabs. They will make it to any dimensions you want as the opening needed to be wider and it needed to be deeper to accommodate that chassis. They even pre-drill the holes for the logo. They will not drill the holes for the chassis however.

Chris I'm going with the same cabinet for a project. I think I will give sourmash a try this time. I assume they didn't sell the logo? I'll have the holes drilled but wondering where you got the logo?

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
Did a little more work today. Checking the value of all components and finding that a number of the carbon comp resistors are reading high so I’ve been pulling stuff out of my stockpile. It’s coming along. What’s the deal with the short leads on most resistors? You can see the splice job I had to do.

upload_2020-5-29_20-30-56.jpeg

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
Finally got off my butt to do some more work on the amp. I was struggling with the heater wiring as the connections from the PT, the pilot light and rest of the heater wires all join at the tube that runs the tremolo circuit. Finally figured out how I was going to do it.
upload_2020-6-7_15-9-25.jpeg

After that I was feeling a little inspired so wired up most of the AC. It looks like I might be short the T 0.5a fuse for the HT. The T means slow-blow, right, I have some slo-blo 500ma fuses in my stash.

upload_2020-6-7_15-10-15.jpeg

neikeel

Reaction score
Nice but interesting wire colour scheme for a 'Marshall'!;)

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
Nice but interesting wire colour scheme for a 'Marshall'!;)
Yes, that’s what I thought. The wires they sent with the kit did not match the wire colors on their layout, and no yellow. Oh well, one of my kits came with practically all white wires. It all works so no problem.

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
It’s coming along, getting close to dropping in the main board. I’ve got the trem and power sections basically done. I had to order a new wire stripper today as some of the Teflon wire is too thin for my current stripper.

upload_2020-6-21_21-13-58.jpeg

South Park

Reaction score
I always try to color code the wires green for ground white for signal red for power . Nice build

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
I just use the wire that comes with the kits. One of my 2204 clones came with a practically all white wire. The best selection of wire colors in a kit came from Valvestorm.