Ceriatone, Getting close.....

pwrmac7600

Reaction score
Oh man I hope mine won't take that long. I ordered back in January, same amp, and I was hoping it would be soon, but you're going on just over a year... maybe email him and get a rough estimate on time? If you find out let us know.
Emailed with Nik yesterday, he said the issue is only one guy builds the multi channel amps. He did say mine should be complete this week though.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
My favorite sounding local guitarist plays a 100 watt modified JMP, with 2 tubes pulled, so 50 watts.
He uses that amp to play everything from very small indoor gigs, to large outdoor events.
He has taught me that 50 watts is absolutely plenty.
Yet my wallet, and testosterone are the ONLY things directing me toward the 100.
The great thing about a waiting list, is I have time to think things over, and change my mind numerous times!

Ampeq must feel like its Christmas eve!
Please keep us posted on its arrival!

Yeah I was easily talked into it. I don't need 100w at all. Or 50 watts for that matter. This will be a bedroom amp with attenuation/loadbox most of the time.
Once Ampeq reminded me that I could just pull 2 tubes, and I saw the width is 26" for both the 50w and 100w, which will fit on my 2061cx cab, that kinda finalized the decision. I'm in your shoes, I can afford it and I don't want to question myself later. I'd rather have 100w and cut down to 50w, than have a 50w and then one day realize I need 100w. But when does that ever happen? Lol that's how crazy this crap is haha. I dunno man!
Doesnt a half power switch come as a stock feature with these amps? Theres your answer, get the 100! Or request power scaling installed I'm sure they can do it. :yesway:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
This sounds like a good business opportunity for anyone that knows how to build amps, setup a sweatshop in the States and subcontract building amps for Nik! :yesway:

ampeq

Reaction score
Mine will be here today, approximately 10 months from ordering. At the same time I ordered the 100w Chupa which I got a few weeks ago. The small amp, 20w or so, come in about half the time.
Good things come to those who wait......

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
This sounds like a good business opportunity for anyone that knows how to build amps, setup a sweatshop in the States and subcontract building amps for Nik! :yesway:
Id actually prefer that Nik and his team builds it on location.
A 3rd party built amp would not interest me to be honest.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
Mine will be here today, approximately 10 months from ordering. At the same time I ordered the 100w Chupa which I got a few weeks ago. The small amp, 20w or so, come in about half the time.
Good things come to those who wait......
Keep us posted!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Id actually prefer that Nik and his team builds it on location.
A 3rd party built amp would not interest me to be honest.
Hey as long as its got the same craftsmanship and warranty it doesnt matter who built it. You'd turn down an amp built by Terry Schaffer or one of the gurus here? Built in a couple weeks instead of a couple years?

jchrisf

Reaction score
Your not going to believe this but my amp is stuck in China! Nik is going to track it down and let me know what is going on. Some more of my good luck, Jess....
That sucks big time! Probs some Chinese kid rocking out with it at the freight company and loves it so much he is not going to give it back LOL :eddie:

Mjh36

Reaction score
Emailed with Nik yesterday, he said the issue is only one guy builds the multi channel amps. He did say mine should be complete this week though.
That's good to hear, yours is almost done! Thanks for the info, interesting about the one employee for multi channel amp's. Also interesting is the time frame between us all. I don’t know if mine is going to be rather soon like ampeq got his or four more months after hearing about your wait.

Mjh36

Reaction score
Your not going to believe this but my amp is stuck in China! Nik is going to track it down and let me know what is going on. Some more of my good luck, Jess....
Damn I wanted to see what you thought about the new amp. I send my condolences to you my dude...

ampeq

Reaction score
My amp is in quarantine in Chine because of fucking COVID !! AAAUGG!
I’ll keep you posted.

jchrisf

Reaction score
I just looked up that AH Dlx and it seems like a awesome amp, 3 ch with tons of extras. $1750 new.
How much? What does that amp sound like? Is it mild or wild?
He said by the time he waited for it to be built and received it 8 months later... he had found an opportunity to purchase a dream Wizard amp so he only has a few hours of playing on it... I've never heard it.. just saw it for sale. He is wanting $2,000 for it I believe. Go over there and look in their classifieds if it is still there.

pwrmac7600

Reaction score
How much? What does that amp sound like? Is it mild or wild?
It's Nik's take on a BE100
From everything i read about it before ordering mine, people say it's like a less polished sounding BE. A little more agressive and nasty than how pristine the BE sounds.

Mjh36

Reaction score
It's Nik's take on a BE100
From everything i read about it before ordering mine, people say it's like a less polished sounding BE. A little more agressive and nasty than how pristine the BE sounds.
I didn't know that and actually glad to hear it.

jchrisf

Reaction score
Apparently Nik makes the AH and the AH Deluxe.. the one I saw on RT was the Deluxe. I'm not sure what the difference is though. Looks like they are the same price.