Ceriatone, Getting close.....

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
I wish I would have known that ampeq was going to sell his 50 watt Chupa.
It sold VERY FAST!
I could have (and would have) saved him the reverb selling fees, and saved my "slot" for yet another Ceriatone model!
The Chupa will be my second Ceriatone, and there are a few more models that Id love to own.

Benny

Reaction score
As many people here know, back in dec. I ordered 2 new amps from Nik. (Ceriatone)
1) A 100w Chupa with a buffered loop w/ switch. The cabinet is also all black.
2) A King Kong 100w amp also with buffered loop, all black, and with a twist. The OD ch on this amp will be wired as a Chupacabra. (These are 2 ch + lead boost.)
They will go out 1 at a time, the Chupa first @ 1 - 2 weeks, then the KK. I should have both by the end of Aug. they say. This should bring them in at about a full 8 months. If you order now, Nik told me it is a year! I will say it went by fairly quickly for me, anyone else out there waiting? Soon as they come I'll post some pic's. Can't wait to try them, I think the KK is going to be my go to amp.
I have built several of Nik's kits. Each one surpassed my expectation upon completion. For Marshall circuits I built 2 "jubes" , an "AFD", an "800" and a "Yeti". I upgraded the caps and trannys where possible with Sozos and Mercury Mags where possible. Attached is a picture of my remaining triplets.
You will not be disappointed with Nik's amps!

Attachments

• Triplets.jpg
    Triplets.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 22

ampeq

Reaction score
I have built several of Nik's kits. Each one surpassed my expectation upon completion. For Marshall circuits I built 2 "jubes" , an "AFD", an "800" and a "Yeti". I upgraded the caps and trannys where possible with Sozos and Mercury Mags where possible. Attached is a picture of my remaining triplets.
You will not be disappointed with Nik's amps!
I have had 3 so far, 50w Chupa, 100w Chupa, 2202. (The 2202 is a great little amp.) I have 1 more coming soon, a 100w KK. I sold the 50w Chupa and replaced it with the 100w one. IF the KK works the way I want I may even sell the 100w Chupa, but it's a big if. I really like Nik's stuff, in fact I don't even look at other amps anymore. It's pretty hard to beat his amps, even at twice the price. Those amps look great, nice job!

jchrisf

Reaction score
I have had 3 so far, 50w Chupa, 100w Chupa, 2202. (The 2202 is a great little amp.) I have 1 more coming soon, a 100w KK. I sold the 50w Chupa and replaced it with the 100w one. IF the KK works the way I want I may even sell the 100w Chupa, but it's a big if. I really like Nik's stuff, in fact I don't even look at other amps anymore. It's pretty hard to beat his amps, even at twice the price. Those amps look great, nice job!
I think I am going to sell my 2204. It is just too much amp for me.. sure the PPIMV works perfect and I can dial it down to whisper quiet and still retain all the tone but it takes up more space and I want to reduce the amount of room my gear takes up.

jchrisf

Reaction score
* If anyone here is interested in my 50w Chupacabra pm me. It is bone stock and like new.

I wish I would have known that ampeq was going to sell his 50 watt Chupa.
It sold VERY FAST!
I could have (and would have) saved him the reverb selling fees, and saved my "slot" for yet another Ceriatone model!
The Chupa will be my second Ceriatone, and there are a few more models that Id love to own.
@Springfield Scooter, I guess you didn't see him post this before he put it for sale here on MF for $1,000. It was a steal.

ampeq

Reaction score
I think I am going to sell my 2204. It is just too much amp for me.. sure the PPIMV works perfect and I can dial it down to whisper quiet and still retain all the tone but it takes up more space and I want to reduce the amount of room my gear takes up.
You need a 2202, they work great and are cheap to buy. I bought both the head cab and a combo cab. The combo is handy and takes up little room, but the closed back 1-12” cab sounds better.

ampeq

Reaction score
@Springfield Scooter, I guess you didn't see him post this before he put it for sale here on MF for $1,000. It was a steal.
I will always offer an amp I am selling to the folks here first and for less money. I thought for sure someone would snap up the Chupa. It really is an awesome amp. My new one that is coming is the one I can’t wait to see, 100w KK. It should ship within the next couple weeks.

ampeq

Reaction score
Yeah.. I've got the 2204 for sale over at TGP right now. I'll have to post it here too.
Roger that, the more the merrier. Did you have that 2204 built with some extras? I didn’t think they had a PPIMV the 2202 does and like you said it can go down to a whisper. I had Nik add a buffered loop, choke, and NFB switch. I ordered it in a combo and it was still only about $1100 or so. I think it’s an incredible deal. I would think you could sell yours as soon as you get some eyes on it.

jchrisf

Reaction score
Roger that, the more the merrier. Did you have that 2204 built with some extras? I didn’t think they had a PPIMV the 2202 does and like you said it can go down to a whisper. I had Nik add a buffered loop, choke, and NFB switch. I ordered it in a combo and it was still only about $1100 or so. I think it’s an incredible deal. I would think you could sell yours as soon as you get some eyes on it.
Yeah, mine has PPIMV and the buffered loop. I'm starting it at $1,400 shipped and am losing money off that. That is what they sell for new but I'm going to eat the expensive shipping... another reason I probably won't buy an amp that weighs this much again.

ampeq

Reaction score
Yeah, mine has PPIMV and the buffered loop. I'm starting it at $1,400 shipped and am losing money off that. That is what they sell for new but I'm going to eat the expensive shipping... another reason I probably won't buy an amp that weighs this much again.
I think my Chupa was about $85 to ship from Reverb. I don't know if it would be more for the extra weight of a 100w amp or not. Make sure you put in the ad how long it takes to order one of these amps. Are there any other amp forums like this one? Couldn't hurt to list it on a Fender or any other amp forum. I'm done with Reverb but something like that would be an easy sell. I asked around here to the people I know that play but they are all broke.

jchrisf

Reaction score
I think my Chupa was about $85 to ship from Reverb. I don't know if it would be more for the extra weight of a 100w amp or not. Make sure you put in the ad how long it takes to order one of these amps. Are there any other amp forums like this one? Couldn't hurt to list it on a Fender or any other amp forum. I'm done with Reverb but something like that would be an easy sell. I asked around here to the people I know that play but they are all broke.
How much were the fees with Reverb? I assume that is why you are done with them?

ampeq

Reaction score
How much were the fees with Reverb? I assume that is why you are done with them?
I won’t know til wed. when the amp gets delivered. The price they put in the cart does not match anything, $1275 - $85 for shipping and insurance. They take from both sides, seller and buyer. Why I am dropping them is they want my SS # so they can help big brother tax you. Real nice of them. So you buy an amp or guitar for $2000 but you need to sell it for whatever reason. You end up getting $1500 for the item, they seem to think you should pay tax’s on $1500 “income”.
Now remember, you bought the amp with money you earned and were taxed on in the first place. Now you have lost money...... so let’s pay even more money??

jchrisf

Reaction score
I won’t know til wed. when the amp gets delivered. The price they put in the cart does not match anything, $1275 - $85 for shipping and insurance. They take from both sides, seller and buyer. Why I am dropping them is they want my SS # so they can help big brother tax you. Real nice of them. So you buy an amp or guitar for $2000 but you need to sell it for whatever reason. You end up getting $1500 for the item, they seem to think you should pay tax’s on $1500 “income”.
Now remember, you bought the amp with money you earned and were taxed on in the first place. Now you have lost money...... so let’s pay even more money??
Yeah, that is screwed up.. I think a lot of people are dropping them... plus they charge sales tax for used gear on top of it. Be sure to print out your original sales receipt for your amp when you bought it from Nik to you can file it with that 1099 they will send you... then you can prove you didn't make any money.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
I missed out on your Ceriatone for sale.
I had no idea, until after the fact.
I was probably enjoying my Yeti at that moment in time!
Maybe you could add 'CERIATONE" to the title of this thread!
That would have really caught my attention.

If you decide to sell the 100 watt Chupa, and my slot has NOT been filled at that time, let me know!
I might be able to save you some selling fees.
And I would still be able to utilize my "slot", for yet another flavor of Ceriatone.
But I have a feeling, that I will be receiving my notification very soon.
Your fortunate to be able to test drive different models, and looking forward to your thoughts on the King Kong!

ampeq

Reaction score
I missed out on your Ceriatone for sale.
I had no idea, until after the fact.
I was probably enjoying my Yeti at that moment in time!
Maybe you could add 'CERIATONE" to the title of this thread!
That would have really caught my attention.

If you decide to sell the 100 watt Chupa, and my slot has NOT been filled at that time, let me know!
I might be able to save you some selling fees.
And I would still be able to utilize my "slot", for yet another flavor of Ceriatone.
But I have a feeling, that I will be receiving my notification very soon.
Your fortunate to be able to test drive different models, and looking forward to your thoughts on the King Kong!
No problem, if I do sell one I'll let you know. I wish you had seen it to, I was hoping someone here would get it. The KK is almost the custom amp I wanted Nik to make for me. I only bought the 100w Chupa in case I don't like the KK as much as the regular Chupa. Either way I'm pretty much done buying amps. Because the wait was so long I figured why not order both just in case, they sell very easy and I can get it over with in one shot. I hope the KK will be here in a week or two, as soon as I can I will compare the Chupa in it to the real Chupacabra and update you.

Mjh36

Reaction score
My deposit was $500, and the balance due just before it ships.
And Nik is flexible with request.
Once a slot is paid for, slot holders are able to change models, options, power rating, etc.
Nik will work with customers, and communication has been top notch!
Ok, so far it seems just like the 50w Chupa. It will get a little louder but not as much as you would think. I have not tried to “hit the front end” yet, but I will. These amps don’t need it anyway, I can dial it down to a whisper and sound great. I have not tried the loop yet either so I’ll update you when I do. One thing I’m not found of is, I lost one of the speaker output’s. The return level took one of the hole‘s, if this is important to you I’m sure Nik could add another hole. I only use a 2-12” cab so not really a big deal for me.

* If anyone here is interested in my 50w Chupacabra pm me. It is bone stock and like new.

As I learn about the 100w amp I‘ll update this post. If you have any questions feel free to ask. So far, not counting the buffered loop, the two amps seem to be the same. Maybe at a high stage volume the 100w would shine a bit more? In any event, the Chupacabra, for me, is without a doubt the best amp I have ever played.
After seeing Scooter's post about order changes, I'm very tempted to ask Nik about bumping my AH Deluxe from 50w to 100w even though it's gotta be close. You see I thought they would be different sized heads in width, but they both are 26" across. Which is kinda why I went with the 50w, plus for a little easier attenuation.

What's your thoughts ampeq? I know you didn't say there's much difference between your 50w and 100w Chupa. But I'm tempted....

edit: not gonna rock the boat, I'm staying with the 50 watt

Last edited:

Latest posts