Boss OD-3 on the way! Finally!

Neptical

Reaction score
As a long time user of the SD-1, I'm happy to say I finally have an OD-3 on the way! I've been wanting one of these for a long time to use with the SD-1. I'm looking to see how they differ and how well they stack. I have a feeling it will be a mainstay on my board after the SD-1. I will be continuing the SD-1 as my main (always on) drive while the OD-3 will be more for lead work.

These two pedals will play the big roles with the Marshalls.

Any OD-3 owners around here??

David Szabados

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OD-3 doesn’t get enough love for some reason, but I enjoy it as an overdrive that meshes well with your sound rather than putting on a midrange bump & low drop like an SD-1, TS, or Klon. Those other pedals are cool for solos but sometimes you want something more neutral with the tone and the OD-3 does that.

Neptical

Reaction score
Ok, received the OD-3 today! First impressions - I can definitely see how the OD-3 has a little bit more of an amp-like quality to it. It's a little more full ..but I'll be straight honest, using the same exact settings as the SD-1, the OD-3 actually has a looser/sag feel while the SD-1 with it's mid spike keeps the amp tight. I wouldn't use the OD-3 as a stand alone OD.

With that being said, the OD-3 will be intended to use exactly how I thought - as lead boost.. while the SD-1 will forever remain the best OD for all mankind.

Mike Corey

Reaction score
As a long time user of the SD-1, I'm happy to say I finally have an OD-3 on the way! I've been wanting one of these for a long time to use with the SD-1. I'm looking to see how they differ and how well they stack. I have a feeling it will be a mainstay on my board after the SD-1. I will be continuing the SD-1 as my main (always on) drive while the OD-3 will be more for lead work.

I'm actually picking one up today. Getting hard to find. Like the Nobels OD-1, people are discovering these pedals.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
I have both, both usable for different purposes.

For anyone who owns an OD-3 and is thinking
about buying a Blues-Driver, buy something
else, the OD-3 is far superior.

They bassically respond very much alike,
while the BD-2 can be set much brighter,
way into unnecessary brightness territory.
But worse is the decaying fizz of the BD-2.
OD-3, no fizz and better cleanup.

So, since you dont like the OD-3, i'd give you
3,50$ for it...:p

jay59LP

Reaction score

I had one and it was terrible. the freq was to flat. SD-1 is much better sounding.