Biting The Hands That Feed You ...

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude, they eat better than I do (exaggerating, but you know what I mean?)

They're grown ass children.

There's a saying in Spanish, A caballo regalado no se le mira los dientes, which translates to "Don't look at the teeth of a horse that has been gifted to you."

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score

There's a saying in Spanish, A caballo regalado no se le mira los dientes, which translates to "You don't look at the teeth of a horse that has been gifted to you."
funny way to say it...

in English, it's "never look a gift horse in the mouth". That's how I've always heard it.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU! So it does exist!
It sounds a lot better that way :D
it's probably been handed down, in a lot of different translations over the centuries. That's just the one I've heard most of my life...

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
Imagine that all you have to eat are backyard dandelions, and then getting snarky over someone handing you a couple of bags of free food.

Jesus Christ, what is happening with people these days? This just sooooo rubs me the wrong way.

A really sad and infuriating aspect here is that those two useless wasters of air obviously had no intention of ever actually using/eating any of that free food! They simply saw that they were eligibel to receive it and scarfed it up to make their sanrky, wise-a$$ tik-tok blurb, complaining about how the rest of humanity isn't working hard enough to freely provide them the life they feel they should deserve, for NOT working!

On top of that, in selfishly acquiring that food (that they'll likely throw in the trash) they took it away from folks who would actually utilize and appreiate it! While certainly not "gourmet" quality stuff, I saw at least enough materials to make at least a week's worth of fairly balanced and nutritious meals, for one or maybe two people!

These folks "DESERVE" to starve, so I think I'll sneak into their back yard, take the dandelions (that they are likely too lazy to pick) and make a nice salad to share with some deserving folks!

The comical irony is that they're simply too stupid and full of themselves to realize that they are exactly the "useless eaters" talked about in the leftist trash they likely read and were taught in their leftist, indoctrinational education!

Air Wasters Indeed!
Gene

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun

There's a saying in Spanish, A caballo regalado no se le mira los dientes, which translates to "Don't look at the teeth of a horse that has been gifted to you."
Spoiled rotten children, at that!

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember when we were around 18 years old & on Christmas day morning my mate,his Dad & Grandad used to pick me up & we'd go to the pub for a few hours.
His Grandad was in the war & was taken prisoner.I'll never forget he once said that we will never know what hungry was.
Starving to death he said he was actually contemplating eating his war friends leg if he passed away.....
That stuck in my head what starving really was - then I see videos like this & the shape they're in & just can't help but think - times may be hard but you're not that hard up are you?!

🤔

snark

Reaction score
The Churches in my neighborhood periodically put on food drives, especially around Holidays. The process is you drive your car through a staging line in the parking lot, pop the trunk and they load up your car with groceries. I have witnessed on more than one occasion where the individuals are driving high end Mercedes, Audi's and even Bentleys.... Pathetic!

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU! So it does exist!
It sounds a lot better that way :D
It sounds more brief in English but more rhythmic and musical in Spanish.

I remember a time when I had heard the saying very often - and even knew what it meant - but I did not really know where it came from.
This is because I don't live in a place where we exchange horses, neither by selling nor gifting.
I had no idea what looking at a horse's teeth amounted to.

Now my question is: would a young zoomer from Argentina or Texas need the saying explained as I did?
(I'm so racist that I think everybody in Argentina and Texas frequently deals with horses.)

10kDA

Reaction score

funny way to say it...

in English, it's "never look a gift horse in the mouth". That's how I've always heard it.

I understood this saying/proverb/truism had its roots in ancient Rome. I don't remember where I heard this though. Also another saying directly related to this one is "Long in the tooth" meaning "old", referring to how a horse's gums recede as they age, which makes the teeth look longer.

I remember a time when I had heard the saying very often - and even knew what it meant - but I did not really know where it came from.
This is because I don't live in a place where we exchange horses, neither by selling nor gifting.

Now my question is: would a young zoomer from Argentina or Texas need the saying explained as I did?
(I'm so racist that I think everybody in Argentina and Texas frequently deals with horses.)
Not racist. Culturist maybe LOL JK. Coming from a New Mexico homeboy. roflmao.gif

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
There's so much these days that gets the "racist" label slapped on it when it's really not..Such B.S.! :noplease:

And like has already been said, if those people were really hungry, they wouldn't complain about anything given them..They would scarf it down and be overjoyed they got to eat at all!

They obviously have no clue about true hunger and starvation..They're just posting on tiktok thinking they're being witty and cute.

Spoiled brats..The same kind of clueless people who likes to throw the racist label around a lot.

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
Many years ago, I went through some hardships and starved for a bit. Ya know after that, I had a whole different outlook on things.

I've never had it made per say but certain situations are eye openers.

Being critical of anything given to you FREE just makes you a dic$ lol

I once gave a homeless guy a couple of dollars because I didn't have much on me. He complained asking what could he buy with that?

I said it's not much but you are coming out on the winning end of this deal.

Other guy: How do you figure?

Me: I had to show up to a job that I don't really care for to earn that. You just put your hand out.

If they wanna complain, I'll just keep what I got.

No matter how bad you have it, there is usually someone far worse. Accessible food and shelter is way better than a lot of people have it. Be thankful.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice to see you around here tubes.
I think that saying is pretty common here, so even most zoomers would get it, but with all these internet novelties and tick-tocks I can't keep up.