Because sometimes Marshall maps are simply overrated?

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
And oddly enough, today I was playing my little Marshall MG15MSII Microstack head into a 1960A full of G12M65 Greenbacks.

It actually sounds kind of legendary. And dare I say it, even has a bit of that much sought after "brown sound".

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
I suppose if you put a mop on a guy's head and gave him some lipstick, he could pass for a woman...

... in prison.

Vinsanitizer

I'M ON A MEXICAN RADIO
VIP Member
Reaction score
And oddly enough, today I was playing my little Marshall MG15MSII Microstack head into a 1960A full of G12M65 Greenbacks.

It actually sounds kind of legendary. And dare I say it, even has a bit of that much sought after "brown sound".
Yeah, I know, we all say that. I had the now collectable Zakk Wylde micro stack when it came out. It sounded just like his live rig, only smaller...

... for the first half hour or so, and then I realized it didn't.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I'd never say that it sounds just like a big tube amp. But for what it is, it's really pretty good, especially when plugged into a good 4x12.

Let's not forget that Billy Gibbons recorded a ZZTop album using a Lead 12. And another one with Magnatone '59s. He'll use ANYTHING that interests him.

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
My first amp was a Squier Bullet, pretty similar to the OP. The clean was "OK," and the distortion was pretty bad for the most part. It did a really good high-gain sustain on chords, though. You know, hit an open E or A and let it go into a super-saturated feedback. Otherwise pretty useless.

Vinsanitizer

I'M ON A MEXICAN RADIO
VIP Member
Reaction score
My first amp was a Squier Bullet, pretty similar to the OP. The clean was "OK," and the distortion was pretty bad for the most part. It did a really good high-gain sustain on chords, though. You know, hit an open E or A and let it go into a super-saturated feedback. Otherwise pretty useless.
The designers of the worst logo in music even trademarked the worst name for gain:

1664017361266.png