AVT150H intermittent volume issues

Anata

Reaction score
Lately my AVT has been giving me some issues. I've owned it for about 10 years, it's been gigged a little over the years but it's still in pretty good condition. (M-2002-48-0435-A)

For the past few weeks when playing on either OD1/OD2 the volume will jump up considerably without warning (eg. like its been cranked from 4 to 8 suddenly). On top of this it seems to add a load of low end to the tone and the EQ then doesn't respond to any changes. I then go to turn it down because its too loud and after a random amount of time it'll drop back in volume and the EQ knobs will once again work. Switching between OD1/OD2 seems to cause these volume jumps more often but not every single time so it's hard to replicate this issue.

I don't know much about amps so I don't know where to start. Due to my location there are very few places I could take it aside from one guy who fixes amps/other gear although he's never looked at an AVT. So I thought it'd be worth posting here in case this is something obvious to someone and/or get some generic advice on what to look for. Thanks!