Are People Really This Clueless?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Ok, I saw this guy, on CL, selling a bunch of nice guitars. He has a few Gibson Anniversary Les Pauls & then I came across this Yngwie Strat:

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/msg/d/lake-elsinore-fender-yngwie-malmsteen/7320879599.html

Fender yngwie malmsteen - $2,300 (lake Elinsore)

y1.jpg y2.jpg y3.jpg

Usa 1980 unplayed with tweed case. S#se80

So, I notice that the date is wrong. I send him a note, explaining that it's wrong. Then he argues that, that's the date that Fender put on the guitar...

_______start__________

HI,

just a note, that is an "88 model, not '80...

Yngwie was found by Mike Varney in 1982. Rising Force came out in '84. Fender would not make an Yngwie model, until after his US notoriety, which took off in '84. He played in Steeler in '82/3, started Acartazz in '83 & did Rising Force at the end of his Alcatrazz days. There's no possible way for there to be a YJM Strat, in 1980...

The ser#

S=signature
E=eighties
8=year

E8=eighty-8

SE8=signature eighty-8

https://fendercustomersupport.microsoftcrmportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-01881

sigy.png

GLWTS...

cheers!
_____end__________

then his reply:
_____start__________

craigslist xxxxxxxxxxx 1:24 PM (20 minutes ago)
to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thats the serial number Fender put on it I also have a Stevie Ray Vaughan with an earlier serial number

_______end_________

I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe to everyone else at times... :facepalm:

colchar

Reaction score
Ok, I saw this guy, on CL, selling a bunch of nice guitars. He has a few Gibson Anniversary Les Pauls & then I came across this Yngwie Strat:

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/msg/d/lake-elsinore-fender-yngwie-malmsteen/7320879599.html

Fender yngwie malmsteen - $2,300 (lake Elinsore)

View attachment 89255 View attachment 89254 View attachment 89253

Usa 1980 unplayed with tweed case. S#se80

So, I notice that the date is wrong. I send him a note, explaining that it's wrong. Then he argues that, that's the date that Fender put on the guitar...

_______start__________

HI,

just a note, that is an "88 model, not '80...

Yngwie was found by Mike Varney in 1982. Rising Force came out in '84. Fender would not make an Yngwie model, until after his US notoriety, which took off in '84. He played in Steeler in '82/3, started Acartazz in '83 & did Rising Force at the end of his Alcatrazz days. There's no possible way for there to be a YJM Strat, in 1980...

The ser#

S=signature
E=eighties
8=year

E8=eighty-8

SE8=signature eighty-8

https://fendercustomersupport.microsoftcrmportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-01881

View attachment 89259

GLWTS...

cheers!
_____end__________

then his reply:
_____start__________

craigslist xxxxxxxxxxx 1:24 PM (20 minutes ago)
to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thats the serial number Fender put on it I also have a Stevie Ray Vaughan with an earlier serial number

_______end_________

I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe to everyone else at times... :facepalm:

Yeah, some people are dumber than dirt.

I have contacted a few people to let them know about mistakes in their ads. Most are appreciative, but some insist on arguing. I've had people try to tell me that I am wrong about the model of their amp when it is written on the fucking faceplate and they're just too dumb to realize that, or that I am wrong about the wattage (no asshole, a VOX AC15 is not 80 watts!).

Here in Canada we have Kijiji in addition to Craigslist, and on the Canadian Guitar Forum we have a long running thread called the "Official WTF Kijiji Thread" in which we post the dumbass ads we find when searching for gear. Some are real eye openers for just how stupid some people can be.

junk notes

Reaction score
From the few images appears to be a first run based on the headstock..
MIJ 1988
DiMarzio tuners
later string tree (on backwards BTW)
Fret has landing after scallop

Made in U.S.A.
Klusons
traditional string tree
fret to fret scallop

colchar

Reaction score
I know how I feel about "people". I like individuals, but "people"?

View attachment 89264

Oh yeah, I like dogs way more than I like people. And it ain't even fucking close.

Speaking of which, there is a four legged little bugger climbing into my lap and giving me a look that says 'we were on our way to the car but you took a detour and sat down, what the hell are you doing?????'.

Trident

Reaction score
I think of this when some say animals are just well….Yanno..
Lock a person in the trunk of a hot car during the summer and when ya let them out most would claw your eyes out, and maybe even death…But an animal, ya let that dog out and he or she will be your best friend for saving them….

Animals …….their whole world is YOU……

And in my state there is a law now that if an animal is in a locked car @ anytime of year, it will get broken into to save that animal without penalty..

The owner will not be happy with the end result either..:agreed:

Latest posts