Anyone get the SC20 loop fix implemented?

Kutt

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has actually had the "official" Marshall warranty / tech bulletin fix for the FX loop volume drop on the SC20 implemented.

Please don't turn this into a pissing match thread about "it isn't a problem" or "it stops when you turn it up louder" or "use a boost in the loop" or "I don't use mine and you don't need to either" or "I don't see what the problem is" etc etc etc...

Just straight up would like to know if anyone had the fix done and what the result was. Looked like @fer1991 was going to get his done but then radio silence.

Thanks!

pedecamp

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has actually had the "official" Marshall warranty / tech bulletin fix for the FX loop volume drop on the SC20 implemented.

Please don't turn this into a pissing match thread about "it isn't a problem" or "it stops when you turn it up louder" or "use a boost in the loop" or "I don't use mine and you don't need to either" or "I don't see what the problem is" etc etc etc...

Just straight up would like to know if anyone had the fix done and what the result was. Looked like @fer1991 was going to get his done but then radio silence.

Thanks!
Do you know if I bought one today is the problem fixed?

Kutt

Reaction score
Do you know if I bought one today is the problem fixed?

I do not know. I bought one brand new factory sealed last summer and it was not fixed, though Marshall claims the overall issue was fixed long before my purchase.

I suspect when they state it's "fixed" they are referring to the fact that there is a Tech Bulletin / official Marshall document on what needs to be done, not that the factory is shipping them as such. Just a guess.

Moony

Reaction score
though Marshall claims the overall issue was fixed long before my purchase.

Where do they claim that?
Do you have a link?

That would also help to find out when the supposed flaw was fixed.
You can see the production date of your amp at the serial number.

Kutt

Reaction score
Where do they claim that?
Do you have a link?

That would also help to find out when the supposed flaw was fixed.
You can see the production date of your amp at the serial number.

They claim it right here. I also recently obtained a copy of the Marshall Tech Bulletin and it is dated February of 2019, so they had a remedy in place from the beginning.

1651801718071.png

Moony

Reaction score
@Kutt

Thanks a lot for the screenshot!
That's very interesting!

So it would be a smart move to buy amps which are produced after July 2021.

Kutt

Reaction score
@Kutt

Thanks a lot for the screenshot!
That's very interesting!

So it would be a smart move to buy amps which are produced after July 2021.

Possibly. I am still not convinced that the fix went into production. It may only be a Tech Bulletin that is implemented upon customer request via an authorized tech. The Bulletin I have is dated from early 2019. So they knew what/how to fix it way back then but I have read of no known amps from the factory with that fix in place.

Moony

Reaction score
So they knew what/how to fix it way back then but I have read of no known amps from the factory with that fix in place.

If there's a real issue with the fx loop I don't think Marshall would continue to keep producing the amps that way.
They would fix it like they did with other models too.
But it also seems that not everyone has a problem with the fx loop so if only a minority really complains about it they probably will not change anything in production.

If I wanted to buy a SC20 I would reach out to Marshall and ask them about it.