Anyone actually used Psvane?

yladrd61

Reaction score
Those KT66 are $246.48 ea. ;) The Premium Series were selling at that price point before the current shortage... That other seller in China is also legit I have bought Premium Grade PSVANE from them in the past,,, of course it does take a bit longer to get them shipped than US sellers....

JCM1959RR

Reaction score
The Psvane UKEL34s with the Gold Pins look good and the Philips copy Psvane EL34PH is nice except for the price tag. The Electro-Harmonix website has some great prices on Psvane tubes. I couldn't get a clear answer on shipping times. I think they are are back logged with tube orders. The Shuguang 7025 also looks interesting (Mullard Inspired?) - I hope the Psvane quality is better than the Shuguang. I remember the EL34A Shuguang power tubes - they were very poor quality. The 12AX7B was decent - especially in the driver stage. A lot of the tubes I was getting had tube rattle and low gain test - 90 or lower right out of the box. There are better tubes than the 12AX7B for the money. The GE 12AX7WA is a nice tube - Can't beat USA 12AX7s or the Sylvania 6CA7

JCM1959RR

Reaction score
Those KT66 are $246.48 ea. ;) The Premium Series were selling at that price point before the current shortage... That other seller in China is also legit I have bought Premium Grade PSVANE from them in the past,,, of course it does take a bit longer to get them shipped than US sellers....
That could be an old message on the Viva site. There's a lot of russian tubes floating around on the net. Prices are high for russsian tubes. Some price gouging going on

Last edited:

JCM1959RR

Reaction score
That could be an old post. There's a lot of russian tubes floating around on the net. Prices are high for russian tubes. Some price gouging going on. I just bought some Psvane tubes from a website in China - should arrive within 3 weeks. I'm glad I had a new Quad of Electro-Harmonix EL34EH put away for backup

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I've seen general curiosity chatter about Psvane tubes on the forum but has anyone here actually installed and used them? If so what is your opinion of them?
Tube Depot has JJ's back in stock.

Derrick111

Reaction score
There are better tubes than the 12AX7B for the money. The GE 12AX7WA is a nice tube - Can't beat USA 12AX7s or the Sylvania 6CA7

My experience was is that SOME (not all)... SOME of the later Sylvania and GE 12AX7s lack the presence/aggression/crunch that works so great in British style amps. To me, they were very round and kind of devoid of life in British style amps. Particularly the later ones like form the 80s, 70s, (and possibly into the later 60s?). Very solid, clean sounding tubes.

yladrd61

Reaction score
My experience was is that SOME (not all)... SOME of the later Sylvania and GE 12AX7s lack the presence/aggression/crunch that works so great in British style amps. To me, they were very round and kind of devoid of life in British style amps. Particularly the later ones like form the 80s, 70s, (and possibly into the later 60s?). Very solid, clean sounding tubes.
They work great in Fender circuits.

Derrick111

Reaction score
They work great in Fender circuits.
I like my Fenders to be a little raunchy, but find the later GE and Sylvania 12AX7s too be a little too clean and polite. I really like the older RCAs in the old Fenders. Pretty definitive old Fender sound to me! I do have some GE and Sylvania 12AX7s in some old Fenders though and they are good tubes.

yladrd61

Reaction score
I like my Fenders to be a little raunchy, but find the later GE and Sylvania 12AX7s too be a little too clean and polite. I really like the older RCAs in the old Fenders. Pretty definitive old Fender sound to me! I do have some GE and Sylvania 12AX7s in some old Fenders though and they are good tubes.
I like the RCA 12AX7A better in the Black and Silverface Fenders however I prefer GE 12AY7 and 7025s in the Tweed Amps.

Derrick111

Reaction score
I like the RCA 12AX7A better in the Black and Silverface Fenders however I prefer GE 12AY7 and 7025s in the Tweed Amps.
Cool, Some GEs are also really nice. To what do you attribute liking the GEs in the tweeds better? Do you mean older or newer GEs? Are the ones you like actual GE or possibly relabeled? I have some Mullard labeled GEs.

yladrd61

Reaction score
Cool, Some GEs are also really nice. To what do you attribute liking the GEs in the tweeds better? Do you mean older or newer GEs? Are the ones you like actual GE or possibly relabeled? I have some Mullard labeled GEs.
I probably likre them in the tweeds better as that is what would have been in them from the factory I prefer late 50 and early 60s made by GE. I also have several GEs made at the Blackburn factory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Browneyesound

Reaction score
Are these going into a stash for a later time, or into some sockets to be biased up? Let us know the results!
I plan on getting them in the amp and trying them out…likely not for a little while, lotsa crap at home and work going on lately it seems.

I will report my findings here though when I do get around to it.

jspete64

Reaction score
I've seen general curiosity chatter about Psvane tubes on the forum but has anyone here actually installed and used them? If so what is your opinion of them?
I bought a couple of sets of the TAD Redbase,which are PSVane tubes…I got EL-34’s and 6L6’s….I think they sound great…Both sets of mine were very closely matched,almost dead on…..I haven’t had them long enough to speak to reliability,but so far so good….I will buy more without hesitation…

Doug Taylor

Reaction score
YES... I have retubed several amps with PSVANE.
According to my contact at CED, the PSVANE tubes are 2 guys that spun off the JJ China tube group and started PSVANE. So far I have installed numerous PSVANE 12AX7's and EL34's in several Marshall JCM's, JCM DSL50 & 100, JVM's 205H & 410H and a Purple Vintage Modern 2266 "Bluesbreaker". The set ups have given quality sounds, volumes are good & strong and the dynamics are great with good break up for those who like run their GAIN's pretty high. However, PSVANE does not make any 6L6, 6V6, or KT66 as in the case of the Vintage Modern 2266 yet. Their packaging is also good quality, appealing & very professional looking. Personally, I think they sound equal to if not better than JJ's and the O'scope proves very nice wave forms based on the amp being tested that has no other issues of course. But that's just my opinion after using 25 of their 12AX7's plus matched pairs and quads of the EL34's. And I like the fact that CED and tubesandmore.com uses APEX matching!
I was a MULLARD and TUNG-SOL believer before, had great success with those but as you know they are history right now along with many other Russia Made tubes!
I am also running into issues with Mercury Magnetic Transformers, hard to get, hard to even get a response or reply back, plus I see that they are seeking employees according to their website. I had to give up on Mercury after a week of no response and move back to Hammond MFG and Classic Tone to satisfy customers.

Derrick111

Reaction score
YES... I have retubed several amps with PSVANE.
According to my contact at CED, the PSVANE tubes are 2 guys that spun off the JJ China tube group and started PSVANE.
I am also running into issues with Mercury Magnetic Transformers, hard to get, hard to even get a response or reply back, plus I see that they are seeking employees according to their website. I had to give up on Mercury after a week of no response and move back to Hammond MFG and Classic Tone to satisfy customers.

I think you mean Shuguang factory in China... JJ is Slovak. Good to hear that the PSVANEs seem to be on par with JJ (if that's indeed what you meant) as JJs are good robust tubes.

Latest posts