Alex Lifeson's Guitars at Julien's Auction on May 20, 2022

Obi Plexi-nobi

Reaction score
Article:

The Limited Edition 468-auction books are for sale, or view the PDF for FREE:

jeffb

Reaction score
An article shot into my newsfeed today about hat. Thanks for the PDF link to the auction items. Some great pictures of the guitars and him playing them BITD.

While I love the 355, I'm all about his 68 '335- That was his best sounding guitar by far (but as I understand his 355 played much better for him and then after a bad accident with it he retired the 335 to studio use only. Don't blame him)

Also, that's a very rare Les Paul indeed if the old Tobacco burst was a 1970 model. That would have to had been a custom order from Gibson. They were only making Les Paul Customs with full size humbuckers, or you could get a Deluxe with minis in 1970;

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they spell Neil's name correctly in the actual catalog ......He at least deserves THAT

I was never a HUGE fan , but I always found their dedication to be inspiring
I dug the early Zeppelin-esque Rush .....GREAT Marshall tones !!!

The coolest thing is , I think they were really down to earth people ,and deserved the good fortune
Sorry for Neil's misfortunes ....nobody deserved any of that. Life can be a cruel bitch

If you guys haven't seen Alex's troubled teen movie , you should check it out . A rare historical glimpse .......

Im trying to imagine a time when I would be DONE with my guitars ,especially the ones that I'd consider important pieces of the journey

This is how I imagine those guys are all the time

lespaul339

Reaction score
I like Rush. He had great tone and riffs. I like their early stuff, and I love the 2112 album. Some of their other stuff I find it a little hard to get through an entire album without skipping some songs, but with 2112 I listen to it all the way through.

Hard to believe he is getting rid of some of those guitars he wrote those iconic riffs and songs on.

Last edited:

jeffb

Reaction score
Alex has always been on of those guys who gives back. All the $ from these auctions is going to charity.

All sales profits of his H&K sig amp went to UNICEF, and I believe that's the same with all the Gibson and Epiphone sigs too, but I'm not 100%

I think he's keeping the utmost valuable one to him - his original 335. Previously he has said he would never sell that.