Advice on selling JCM900 MK3 Combo

Sparks910

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

The short version of this story is the other guy in my band wants a combo amp for our 90's rock cover band. I've got a 1990 JCM900 MK3 50w 2x12 in awesome condition but I'm not sure about selling it to him as it's a pretty rare beast here in Australia.

He's not really a Marshall guy or gear junky at all and I'm a bit hesitant as I think it won't be looked after. I've just had it recapped and new tubes so it's in awesome condition.

For reference I have a JCM800, JCM2000 and a JVM215 Combo as well....

Would you guys sell it and if so how much would be a decent price?

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

The short version of this story is the other guy in my band wants a combo amp for our 90's rock cover band. I've got a 1990 JCM900 MK3 50w 2x12 in awesome condition but I'm not sure about selling it to him as it's a pretty rare beast here in Australia.

He's not really a Marshall guy or gear junky at all and I'm a bit hesitant as I think it won't be looked after. I've just had it recapped and new tubes so it's in awesome condition.

No idea on price, but I would not sell it to him.

Mitch

Kelia

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Like you say , this is a rare combo . As for the price , Australia market is very dffferent from ours so
you would be better off looking on your side for amps that were sold or are for sale.

I don't have the feeling that you want to let this one go and I don't have the feeling that you
trust your friend for taking good care of it so what I would do is lend him the amp for a month and see what happens
or rent him the amp with a buying option and grab a juicy security deposit for damage , Bouhouwahhhaaaa !! :naughty:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Unless you're dead broke and dying in the street I would not sell it, you will never be able to get your hands on one of those ever again, at least not at a decent price.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Let him go find his own amp. Not being a jerk about it, it's just the best way for you and him both to be most satisfied with what he ends up getting. You don't sell an amp you obviously don't really want to sell. He finds what he likes. Simple.

Sparks910

Reaction score
You guys literally hit the nail on the head. My conscious is telling me not to sell it and I know this guy (not a friend btw) wouldn't look after it. I've never seen another one for sale before and Reverb was no help. I'm not broke but have just amassed a collection of amps and felt like I should move something on. I'm not a 'collector' but am now up to 5 Marshall's and a Peavey 6505+ and I'm looking at getting an Orange RV50 MK1....crazy.

Anyway I think you guys have reinforced the do not sell vibes I'm getting...I'll keep it

Kelia

Reaction score
You guys literally hit the nail on the head. My conscious is telling me not to sell it and I know this guy (not a friend btw) wouldn't look after it. I've never seen another one for sale before and Reverb was no help. I'm not broke but have just amassed a collection of amps and felt like I should move something on. I'm not a 'collector' but am now up to 5 Marshall's and a Peavey 6505+ and I'm looking at getting an Orange RV50 MK1....crazy.

Anyway I think you guys have reinforced the do not sell vibes I'm getting...I'll keep it
That's what we all felt I guess ! Good move on keeping it for now , maybe if
some day the right guy comes along and you know it will be in good hands , well that's a different story .
And they keep climing up in price so you're all good !

Latest posts