AC Power noise filter/suppressor?

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Hey guys it's been a long time!

Using jcm 800 heads and getting intermittent interference (noise, static, snow sounds) depending on the venues. Some shows are fine and other are really noisy.

Does anyone have a solution for noisy power (and not the cheap Furman glorified power strip)?

I used to have a Furman ar-117 that would regulate power from something like 100v- 130v and would put out a steady 117v that was quiet with no RFI or EMI noise. Is there anything out there that you know of that will clean up the power?

Thanks!
Mike

FracStrat

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use an APC BackUps 1500 with Digital PA Gear …… Works like a dream …… You would want to do the math but I think one of those would easily handle the amperage draw …… Clean Sine Wave AC even if the Mains get unplugged

Watts Drawn / Volts AC = Amperage

flyinguitars

Reaction score
I use an APC BackUps 1500 with Digital PA Gear …… Works like a dream …… You would want to do the math but I think one of those would easily handle the amperage draw …… Clean Sine Wave AC even if the Mains get unplugged

Watts Drawn / Volts AC = Amperage
Thanks I will look that up. We've been running into inconsistent power a lot lately. Lots of old theaters and outdoor festivals with generators. Seems like the power has been especially noisy recently.

80sTone

Reaction score
Might look into the Carvin AC120S has EMI/RFI Filters and other nice features and not too expensive

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Might look into the Carvin AC120S has EMI/RFI Filters and other nice features and not too expensive
Thanks, just searched the ac120s and it looks very similar to the ar-117 minus the power regulator. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts