A shoutout to SV20's

SlyStrat

Reaction score
IJRHzx4.jpg

LoudStroud

Reaction score
Besides the durability factor, the fact that these amps have been proven to provide the tonal variety required for a professional in such a demanding gig scenario, speaks volumes! Owning an SV20H myself, I'm not at all surprised! It's the greatest amp to I've had the pleasure to play through since my earlier years of using 1959s, 1987s and JTM45s! The dynamics, tactile feel and tonal complexity is simply to die for! Overall, gut wrenching, arena filling power is not there however, but that's what good mics and modern sound reinforcement systems are for!

Just My $.02,
Gene
Agree with all of the above, Gene. I get just as much of a charge playing thru my SV20's as I do any of my older Marshall's.

Deftone

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that before long everyone on here will have at least one SV20.
And rightly so.
I watched the comparison vids between the SV, SC, DSL & Jubilee 20w and came to the conclusion that the SV is the one. By then the prices had gone through the roof.

Now that we are in a recession, the prices may come down but, we are in a recession. Probably better off buying canned food, TP and ammo. LOL.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that we are in a recession, the prices may come down but, we are in a recession. Probably better off buying canned food, TP and ammo. LOL.
^I do that all the time :lol:

While, I have plenty killer amps to cover that wattage territory , if an SV20 head popped up on my radar, I might have to buy it just for Marshall giggles

Yep. The sleeping giant that is Marshall finally woke up. Bless them.
What took 'em so long ? Just stick with what made ya great .........

Silverdome

Reaction score
I think the prices will come down at some point. Charging that much for an SV20H isn't sustainable. For those looking or an alternative just buy a plexi clone. I got a hand built Rockitt Retro 50 watt and boy does it rock. I'm not going to go out and buy a SV20H, 1959SLP to compare my amp to the Marshall. I do know this one sounds like a classic Marshall and I love it.

Neptical

Reaction score
....instead of some red channel / green channel bullsh*t

I love my DSL 50 and DSL 100 heads on both channels. I take it you're not a fan? Lol.

Anywho, I couldn't haven't picked a better amp to transition to after playing Boogie Mark IIIs for some years. The best gateway to Marshall.

Now, I'm exploring all the tonal avenues of Marshall. To me, I haven't found a bad one yet ( and just as yourself), I'm super stoked over the SS as well. Variety is the spice of life, baby ! 🤟

purpleplexi

Reaction score
I get what Alvis is saying - if you want that particular sound then only NMV amp will really get you there and once it gets you it hooks you in. I still love my DSL though - there are great sounds in there.

LoudStroud

Reaction score
I think the prices will come down at some point. Charging that much for an SV20H isn't sustainable...
It appears that manufacturing delays due to supply chain issues and escalating shipping and import costs, including costs incurred from the cargo and port terminal delays, are now being reflected in pricing markups. These amps have literally jumped in price almost $400 from this time last year.

eastwood6

Reaction score
Saw Steely Dan last night. Looked like guitarist Adam Rogers had an SV20H in his back line along with a modded JMP master volume head. Cool to see touring pros joining the 20 watt Plexi bandwagon. Pardon the pun… B64845CF-A4D7-4F5A-A7E7-3B2C3FE1E530.jpeg