A shoutout to SV20's

LoudStroud

Reaction score
Just giving some love to these SV20's. My killer rig I've been using on tour with Sheryl Crow since last year. The amps have the tone, feel and reaction of a vintage 4-input vintage 50 or 100 Lead model. Possibly leaning more to the feel of the 100's, since the EL34's in these amps aren't pushed hard.

A/B'ing, one dialed for crank, the other for clean. The crank amp has NOS Sylvania 6CA7's and the clean, 60's small bottle Sylvania 6L6's. Original Mullard ECC83's in VI of both. The factory installed JJ's in V2 & V3.

The crank 112 cab load with a '75 Celestion G12M (RIC cone) and clean cab has a '78 blackback G12H 75hz lead cone.

Also worth noting they've taken the road beating of two summer tours (and all dates in between) and not a single issue so far.

Attachments

• Peter Stroud's Marshall SV20's.jpeg
    Peter Stroud's Marshall SV20's.jpeg
    592.2 KB · Views: 110

kinleyd

Reaction score
Just giving some love to these SV20's. My killer rig I've been using on tour with Sheryl Crow since last year. The amps have the tone, feel and reaction of a vintage 4-input vintage 50 or 100 Lead model. Possibly leaning more to the feel of the 100's, since the EL34's in these amps aren't pushed hard.

A/B'ing, one dialed for crank, the other for clean. The crank amp has NOS Sylvania 6CA7's and the clean, 60's small bottle Sylvania 6L6's. Original Mullard ECC83's in VI of both. The factory installed JJ's in V2 & V3.

The crank 112 cab load with a '75 Celestion G12M (RIC cone) and clean cab has a '78 blackback G12H 75hz lead cone.

Also worth noting they've taken the road beating of two summer tours (and all dates in between) and not a single issue so far.

That is awesome to hear.

LoudStroud

Reaction score
That's awesome! Wishing you a safe tour and I'm looking forward to getting back out to some shows again soon. I've missed it.
Thank you. Hope you're able to get back out soon as well! To be honest, I stepped away from touring over the summer for family health reasons. Should be jumping back in w Sheryl & band by early fall. My good pal / former bandmate Tim Smith is covering for me... He's running both SV20's together and loves 'em!

Deftone

Reaction score

How do they sound in stereo?

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for something I don't remember what.

Just to show the SV20 can deliver the goods at the highest level.
I would love to play "My Favourite Mistake" with Sheryl....is it still on the set list? 💖💖

WellBurnTheSky

Reaction score
For the most part, I'm using a '57 LP Special, 70's Tele Custom and my Duesenberg Dragster for slide. The Duesenberg is almost always thru the clean amp.
How clean is the clean amp though ? Seeing your settings, I guess you're getting quite some grunt right ? No issue balancing both amps volume-wise ?
Also, I can't figure out what the mics behind the sE screens are, sE ribbons ?

Latest posts