A question for the Amish

C-Grin

Reaction score
Can they have solar or wind power to run their Marshalls? Or run on a treadmill while playing?
Hamsters
SecondhandEasyAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
We've got some Amish in Michigan and Mennonite too. Evidently pretty similar to each other but Mennonite drive cars, use computers, etc....They could own amps I'm sure.

they are gun folk, but that may be relevant to their traditions. I wonder whether music lends itself to idleness and sin, or if it is just traditional instruments with no ties to modern music.

They would definitely clean up as luthiers though, were they willing and the word got out as in the case of the few things they do sell.

They are also pacifists.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Not sure but they ARE allowed to make amazing donuts and bread and sell it to us frequently. Love those donuts! We live about 15 minutes from an Amish community.

A couple of months ago a friend that tows for the police had to go to an accident scene to get a car that plowed into an Amish buggy. Both horses had to be euthanized at the scene and the driver went to the hospital but was released within a few days. Who knows in what condition because afaik they can only accept certain treatments.

I feel bad for them. I can't imagine driving one of those on a major interstate with traffic flying by at 70 mph, nevermind at night!

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
the rest of us could learn a lot from this bunch if we just paid attention.
i think the Amish pretty much have it figured out.
I agree.
We have a Amish community about an hour away....
They have a restraunt that offers the best food, all home-made and very tasty.
One time we saw a sign that offered "horse buggy" rides.
So my girlfriend and I went on an hour long buggy ride with this fellow named Leroy.
He was very intellegent, and educated us on the Amish lifestyle.
It was like stepping back in time.
No Marshalls, but a event Ill never forget!

Vinsanitizer

Pizza Moderateur
VIP Member
Reaction score
I know non-Amish people who have taken vacations to "Amish country", wherever that is, just to get away from 'society' for a while, relax, and learn things from them. I'm not one who likes to travel on vacations much anymore, but if I was to, it'd be really cool to go there.

Vinsanitizer

Pizza Moderateur
VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree.
We have a Amish community about an hour away....
They have a restraunt that offers the best food, all home-made and very tasty.
One time we saw a sign that offered "horse buggy" rides.
So my girlfriend and I went on an hour long buggy ride with this fellow named Leroy.
He was very intellegent, and educated us on the Amish lifestyle.
It was like stepping back in time.
No Marshalls, but a event Ill never forget!
Aren't all Amish men named "Leroy"? :D

purpleplexi

Reaction score
I liked that Harrison Ford movie where Kelly McGillis gets her tits out.

Vinsanitizer

Pizza Moderateur
VIP Member
Reaction score
Once a thread goes to poopies, pee-pee's, and ta-ta's, the thread has run its course.

Not that it was off to a great start from the beginning.

JamminJeff

Reaction score
Here's another true Amish story.

Many moons ago I had a nice sailboat on a big lake. The marina or as the yuppies called it, the yacht club (it was an old marina) was next to a public launch ramp.

Long story short, we were tied up in our slip and this bigass cigar boat rumbles into the bay with some hot big boobed chick out on the deck of the boat. (She was hot from a distance). It turns out that one of the guys on the boat was my then brother-in-law. So they ease up to the shoreline and he comes over to the marina and invites us over to see the bigass cigar boat.

Now, me being a sailor first and a speed demon second, I wasn't all that impressed with a noisy cigar boat, but the hot chick in a way too small bikini did pique my interest.

So, off we go to see the cigar boat, but the closer I got something seemed a little odd with the whole spectacle. Before we arrived, my then brother-in-law leaned over and said' "they are brother and sister and used to be Amish and the chick has a boob job".

Well, that weekend at the lake certainly took a strange twist, but who doesn't want to see a former Amish brother and sister in a $100,000 cigar boat ?

I'm happy to report that the boob job was SPECTACULAR, but once I gained my composure, I noticed they both still looked Amish.

After we walked away, I wondered to myself how much she shaves, because generally speaking, classic Amish women don't shave anything. Yes, that's correct, anything.

I'll leave the brother/sister thing to everyone's imagination.

I guess once someone crosses the Rubicon from a simple and strict, hard working life to an all out orgy of desires, why not go all the way.

I'm not judging. Just sharing a true story. Even I forgot about it until just a few minutes ago.

Last edited:

JamminJeff

Reaction score
All fun aside, I agree. We could all learn something from the Amish, but they are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. There are problems that I won't bring up in detail, but some of it is unpleasant and illegal.

Any time a community, Amish or otherwise disconnect from regular society, problems often follow. Most of us 'English Heathens" just don't know about it.

Humans are a strange bunch for sure.

Latest posts