A/DA MP2

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
What's the going rate for one of these today? Nope, not the world famous MP1 but they were very close. If you had 2, would you discount to the buyer if he bought both?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
it depends...

IDK what they're worth. 1st, you'd have to figure out the worth for 1. Then, price accordingly. Now, a discount, for buying both, depends on what your initial price for 1 is.

I tend to price my stuff fairly. There's not much wiggle room. I might be able to knock a few bucks off, but, it's not like I'm charging an inflated price to begin w/, so...

If I had a good markup, then, I'd be more willing to deal on a multiple item buy.

One thing I find... & this seems to always be the case. Whenever I do a good deal for someone, it always comes back to bite me. Either they start complaining about something, that, I know was not a problem, & then they make any sort of return, or anything difficult.

No good deed goes unpunished...

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
it depends...

IDK what they're worth. 1st, you'd have to figure out the worth for 1. Then, price accordingly. Now, a discount, for buying both, depends on what your initial price for 1 is.

I tend to price my stuff fairly. There's not much wiggle room. I might be able to knock a few bucks off, but, it's not like I'm charging an inflated price to begin w/, so...

If I had a good markup, then, I'd be more willing to deal on a multiple item buy.

One thing I find... & this seems to always be the case. Whenever I do a good deal for someone, it always comes back to bite me. Either they start complaining about something, that, I know was not a problem, & then they make any sort of return, or anything difficult.

No good deed goes unpunished...
i price fair too doom. i like to think that if i do i get fair prices from others in the future.
usually i do and i find a lot of stuff too as you know so it works out.
there are those that will eventually find something to bitch about no matter if its free.
i could tell you so many stories from work. SMH nothing can be free enough for some people.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
i price fair too doom. i like to think that if i do i get fair prices from others in the future.
usually i do and i find a lot of stuff too as you know so it works out.
there are those that will eventually find something to bitch about no matter if its free.
i could tell you so many stories from work. SMH nothing can be free enough for some people.
but, I find that, it's people who are always trying to weasel a better deal, that are the problematic ones. Typically, the ones that know your price is fair, will just pony up, or ask if you can go any lower. If they are scheming lower & lower, then, they are the ones likely to never be happy, no matter the good deal they've got...

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
but, I find that, it's people who are always trying to weasel a better deal, that are the problematic ones. Typically, the ones that know your price is fair, will just pony up, or ask if you can go any lower. If they are scheming lower & lower, then, they are the ones likely to never be happy, no matter the good deal they've got...
exactly doom. spot on.
they will always have something shitty to say

Benny

Reaction score
What's the going rate for one of these today? Nope, not the world famous MP1 but they were very close. If you had 2, would you discount to the buyer if he bought both?
As it happens I still have an MP-1 that I bought new so very many years ago. I also have the foot controller. The only thing I had to do when I recently fired it up was replace the lithium battery that had outlived it's shelf life. I also moved the line/inst switch to the back panel for convenience. The 12ax7 tubes in it are probably collectors items by now! :) I would be glad to place it in the hands of an appreciative soul for a reasonable financial consideration.
ADA_1.jpg
The Lexicon is pretty cool too.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had an mp1, footcontroller and ps since the 80's, I have 2 actually. One I only gave $100 for. Great for 80s tones, great cleans and a killer chorus. I won't ever sell..something incredibly toneful in them.

Never had an mp2, but their value seemed to always be a bit behind the mp1.

jmp45

Reaction score
I still have an MP1 but can't offer any suggestions on value or service. Battery died in it years ago and I replace it adding the battery mod. That's one simple enough to do yourself. Odd they soldered the original battery in.

http://adadepot.com/mods/ADA_MP-1_Battery_Mod.pdf

I was interested in the MP2 a decade or two ago but really didn't see the advantage of the MP2 over the MP1.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I still have an MP1 but can't offer any suggestions on value or service. Battery died in it years ago and I replace it adding the battery mod. That's one simple enough to do yourself. Odd they soldered the original battery in.

http://adadepot.com/mods/ADA_MP-1_Battery_Mod.pdf

I was interested in the MP2 a decade or two ago but really didn't see the advantage of the MP2 over the MP1.
I need to do the mod on my JMP-1... Still has the original battery. Last time I checked, it was still working fine!

Latest posts