5 Best Tele modes EVER Made

jeffb

Reaction score
That guy annoys me to no end, so I'll pass. Anyone care to summarize?

But for "hidden gems" Find yourself a Charvel Model 7 from the late 80s. I had the sunburst model. Fantastic guitars. \

Also Schecter makes some great affordable Tele clones.

And if you can find any old early to mid 80s Squier MIJs and Tokai Breezy Sounds... have at it.

But I' I've usually stuck with Leo's original company. Best I ever owned was this one- Captain Crunch

DSC01803.JPG

jeffb

Reaction score
Partscaster teles for me, roll yer own :yesway:
These days, with the easy availability of aftermarket bodies, necks, etc and being able to spec them out, have them finished or not, spec'ing parts exactly how you want, I think this is the way to go too.

I can go to Warmoth and pretty much build the dream Tele (actually an Esquire) I've always wanted. Or I can go cheaper and go with Mighty Mite or any # of less expensive manufacturers (Guitar Fetish etc), Or go with USCG if I wanted to get really high end.

That said, I played a Schecter USA Custom Tele recently....the vintage style one. Wow.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
That guy annoys me to no end, so I'll pass. Anyone care to summarize?

But for "hidden gems" Find yourself a Charvel Model 7 from the late 80s. I had the sunburst model. Fantastic guitars. \

Also Schecter makes some great affordable Tele clones.

And if you can find any old early to mid 80s Squier MIJs and Tokai Breezy Sounds... have at it.

But I' I've usually stuck with Leo's original company. Best I ever owned was this one- Captain Crunch

View attachment 108250

I thought I was alone in that one... nothing against him personally, but I can not withstand 5 mins of him talking, same to Phillip Mcknight from Know your gear.

jeffb

Reaction score
Leo got it right the first time.
He really did.

If I was not a Gibson player, I'd be a Tele player. I've done it all, and a Tele is the only other guitar type that really calls to me. I've no desire to get back into Strats or PRS, or anything else (unless I won the lotto), But I'd like to have a good Tele (Esquire) again someday.

jeffb

Reaction score
I thought I was alone in that one... nothing against him personally, but I can not withstand 5 mins of him talking, same to Phillip Mcknight from Know your gear.
I'm sure he's a swell guy. I just don't often jive with his opinions on stuff I've been able to form my own opinions about. I don't care for his tones/micing/recording either. (McKnight is worse). Finally, he strikes me as insincere.

Maybe it's a generational thing- I'm the old man, and he's on my lawn. He's needs to GTF off of it.:scream::lol: