4th of July - When to call 911...

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy 4th to all.
My local borough set off their fireworks last night - right across the valley from my hilltop location, about a mile away.
I think the neighborhood artillery may be coming close to rivaling the pros.
In case you or someone nearby is setting off your/their own display, here's some advice form a GA sheriff's office on when to call 911.

1656952282848.png

saxon68

VIP in training. J/K
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a Tesla flamethrower?
No idea of the brand. The owner of the other house in the picture was there with them, and the owner of the house on the other side, so hey, let the Karen’s keep their noses out of it. If they (flamethrower guys) win stupid prizes that’s on them.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Someone needs to post this on Karens-R-Us NextDoor.com. Some of those people taking whining to unexplored levels.

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
No idea of the brand. The owner of the other house in the picture was there with them, and the owner of the house on the other side, so hey, let the Karen’s keep their noses out of it. If they (flamethrower guys) win stupid prizes that’s on them.

If they win stupid prizes, lol.

:lol: :applause:

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Karens.

Here in the Nanny State, we can't buy fireworks like they have down south, all we can get is "Walmart parking lot tent fireworks", which means no aerials, no firecrackers, cherries, steel sparklers, etc. It'll cost ya $200 min. for a bunch of back yard 10ft-high fountains, sparkle-cracklers, etc. - not bad for a back yard party at a safe 25 ft. away. But we have lots of peeps around the 'hood who, for decades, illegally smuggle the good stuff in from the south, and put on some real neighborhood shows. It's pretty cool when we start hearing and seeing a bunch of back yard shows going off in all directions near and far around town. Ya think I'm gonna call the cops? Heck NO! These folks save us the hassle of having to drive to the town park 3 hours in advance for a decent view, stand in line for an $8 hot dog & Coke, stand in line to use some disgusting porta-john, put up with other people's little bastard out-of-control children stepping on our blanket and screaming and crying, and then after 20-30 minutes of fireworks, spend an hour+ in traffic jams trying to get home while having to take a leak so bad my back teeth start floating. Yeah- that's a lot of hassle.

I cheer 'em on!... just as long as they don't get drunk, stupid and irresponsible, and start pointing them at my house. Then we got problems. Fortunately that's never happened.

Frodebro

Reaction score
Fireworks are banned in my city, but I'm just a few blocks or so from the city limits. I don't have to worry about anybody torching my house or lawn, but I can still hear things going crazy a few neighborhoods over. And they do go crazy over there. I could mag dump my 1911 into the ground and nobody would notice it.

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
Ok the "piss so bad my teeth are floating" quote...I couldn't remember who said that in the movie so I Googled it. And wow, Google comes up with nothing. This has me all messed up now. I can't believe that Google (and even Yahoo search as well) come up with nothing. I can't find anything anywhere. I can even picture him saying it, lol.

Don't tell me, see if you can Google it and find out who said that in which movie. I would think Google would have multiple links right there at the top, but nothing.

lol it's driving me crazy now. :wallbash:

EDIT: Joe Piscopo, right? But I can't think of the movie, lol.

Last edited:

Flag

Reaction score
I haven't bothered with them for many, many years. If I recall right, the last thing I lit exploded before I could move away from it. my guitar playing sucks enough with the 8 fingers I already have, but fire um up if ya like:cool: